Cognitive Recalibration

V- Cognitive Recalibration

ЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖ

Hellicarrier

A man walks down a narrow path. He wears all black while his eyes shine a bright captivating blue, his bow resting at his side.

He senses a presence behind him but only stops in his path, not trying to give too much away. He brings up the bow and quickly notches it with an arrow.

He turns around and fires, only for his shot to be redirected by a redheaded woman. The arrow misses and hits a wall.

What he doesn't know is that a second person is behind him and only figures this out upon having his feet swept out from underneath him.

He stands quickly and throws his elbow at the person behind him, hearing a satisfying crack he turns his attention back to the redhead, who grabs his bow and twists it.

He pushes her back and spins around, only to be met with a fist to the face. His eyes water but he lets nothing stop him as he swipes at the smaller figure. She bends down to avoid it and slips through his legs as his vision becomes clear again.

He turns to face two girls, a brunette and a redhead.

He swings his bow at the redhead who moves to the side to dodge it, then spins and swings his bow at the brunette who bends under to avoid the impact.

The redheaded woman spins and kicks him in the chest which sends him stumbling back a few feet, allowing her to slip underneath the walkway.

He's about to follow her when he remembers the brunette and turns to her instead. She swings at his face again but he blocks it with his forearm and punches her side. She lets out quiet yelp but she doesn't give up.

She drops down to her knees and hits his kneecap but he throws out his other leg to kick her. She narrowly misses his leg, only allowing it skim her side.

The redhead swings around a pole and kicks him back from the younger one. He stumbles as the redhead helps the girl up.

He notches another arrow and aims at the redhead who notices and swings out of the way just in time, landing on another walkway across from him. He aims his next arrow at the brunette girl who avoids it as well. She slides through the rails and out of sight.

Following the redhead, he jumps to the next platform.

He swings his bow at her, grunting with each swipe, but she manages to dodge each and every one of them. He finally manages to land a hit against her arms but it doesn't show much effect and so he keeps pushing it.

She leaves her face open for one moment and he throws his bow at it. She puts her hands up to defend herself and manages to catch in between his bow and the string. He throws the bow out before pulling in back in, causing her face to hit off his bow.

Something hits his side and causes his grip to loosen on his weapon, which allows the redhead to free herself.

He feels a presence by his legs and kicks his leg out, coming into contact with something solid.

He slams the redhead into the railing and pushes his bow against her chest.

She hits his face and he stumbles away from her. When he turns back the young brunette from before is holding his bow in her hands.

The redhead has disappeared but he doesn't think too much as he pulls a knife from his belt and prepares to fight the girl.

She says something but his mind is a blur. There's too many thoughts bouncing around that he can't focus on what she's saying. Not that he needs to anyways, as one thought overpowers the rest, and that's to finish his mission.

He charges at the girl and swings his knife but she blocks his attack using the bow. She kicks him off of her and she's pushed back a few feet along with him.

She pulls an arrow from the ground, notches it, and fires.

He throws himself out of the way and into a wall to avoid the arrow.

Now there's a flash of red and he's on the ground with the redheaded woman looking over top of him.

He swipes the knife at her and causes her to move back to avoid being hit.

He stands up and tries again but she blocks it using her forearm and kicks his leg. He bends over and a force hits his back causing him to go down on one knee but he's quick in recovering and he tries to hit the redhead with his knife again.

She blocks it the same as before and forces his hand out to the side as something kicks his leg.

The redhead twists his arm and he can hear a faint crack, causing him to let out a cry of pain.

He uses his elbow to move her hand and then swipes with his knife with makes the red head duck.

He has no time to think about the dull throb in his arm as the brunette comes at him again.

His bow is not longer in her hands and instead she holds a pipe of sorts.

She uses it to block his arm when he swings the knife at her. She attempts to kick his legs but her leg seems to not be long enough as it only lands on the ground infront of him.

He stomps on her foot and then forces the knife towards her more.

The girl gets out of the way of the sharp object just in time for it to swipe where her shoulders had once been.

The redhead steps back in to help as she grabs his arm and tries to flip him to the ground.

The man stops midway and flips himself back up, pinning the redhead to the wall. The knife is inches towards her face but her hand manages to hold him back.

He grabs her hair and pulls her head back, hoping to loosen her grip, but he only gets himself bitten in the arm and he's forced to let go of her and the knife.

She flips around his arm and brings him down.

He hits his head off a railing and groans.

His thoughts don't seem so jumbled anymore. His head's foggy and it's hard for his body to move but he manages to look up.

The redhead holds her hand out infront of the brunette, blocking her.

These two girls aren't Jane Doe's nor are they enemies.

He knows them and it's all becoming clearer. But his head hurts the more he thinks. Shouldn't he kill these two girls for getting in his way?

But he knows them. The redhead, isn't that "Tasha?"

The brunette stands beside her and he knows her too, doesn't he? "Paige?"

Then black.

ЧhЧhЧhЧhЧhЧ
a/n so i decided to take a bit of a different approach to this chapter and i'm proud with how it turned out.
It's currently 3am and i'm sitting in a car waiting for my brother whom i'm picking up from a party so i decided to post while i wait.
I don't have much to say but feel free to vote and comment! Leave any feedback or questions you may have.
Thanks for reading and see y'all in the next chapter!