20.

▢▢▢

I was sitting across from Leejan, patiently waiting for our food. The building inside was very delicate and filled with many different designs.

The ceiling was incredibly high and a chandelier dangled elegantly as it lit the room.

It was a bit awkward since Leejan always keeps a poker face. I couldn't really start a conversation as I would with Moonbin.

His presence was always filled with smiles and laughter. Just thinking of him makes me smile.

"So you went to the Light Festival" Leejan broke the silence. I blinked a couple of times and cleared my throat.

"Y-Yeah, I went out with a friend of mine."

He slightly narrowed his eyes at me. "Was it Ji Eun?"
I shook my head and didn't make eye contact.

"Was this person the one you mentioned when we hid from your co-workers?"

This time, I looked at Leejan. I wasn't sure how to tell him about Moonbin. "Ye-"

"One order of our signature spaghetti and sparkling cide.r"

I was cut off by the waiter just in time. Right when I was about to thank him, my mouth dropped.

It was Moonbin.

I was completely confused yet pleased. I didn't know how to react to his presence here. He was flashing his handsome smile that would always leave me speechless.

"T-Thank you?" I greeted.

He stayed into character and bowed.

My face was flushed pink leaving Leejan with suspicions. I sucked in all of my emotions and played it cool as well.

"One potato." a waiter placed on our table. It was Jinjin.

I tried my best to not giggle from his actions.

Leejan gave out an odd expression. "I didn't order this, sir."

Jinjin checked the order form from his pocket. "Are you sure?"

Leejan nodded. "I know what I ordered." he violently said.

"Okay" Jinjin shrugged, leaving the table without solving the problem. I hid my face from laughter by using the menu. Through the corner of my eye I could see Jinjin winking at me.

From this point on, I wanted to watch what the other boys had up their sleeves.

"Ladies and gentleman, I present to you our guests for tonight..."

I turn my head to the mini stage located in the back of the restaurant. The lights were getting dimmer making the spotlight hit the stage. I squinted my eyes to get a better look to who was standing.

From behind the curtains, Eunwoo and Mj came out looking so handsome and dashing. They were wearing tuxedos and had their hair neatly combed.

What are they planning...

Eunwoo took the microphone starting an opening. "Good evening everyone, tonight we would like to invite all of you to the dancefloor for a special song to dance along with."

The song that they were playing was the duet that Mj did with Lucy, Like Today. It was such a calm and soothing song that people got out of their seats and started to slow dance on the dancefloor.

"Would you like to dance?"

Leejan sticked out his palm for me to take. I hesitated at first but gladly took it.

He guided me to the middle of the dancefloor where everyone was crowding.

We kept a steady pace as the music slowed down. I kept a soft smile on but I didn't make any eye contact with him.

Our steps were taking us closer to the stage where Mj and Eunwoo were standing. Through the corner of my eye I was able to see Eunwoo count down to 5 seconds with his fingers. It was like he signaling me to wait for something.

5
My eyes were wandering everywhere looking for the others as I counted down in my head.

4
"You okay? You've been looking around lately. What's going on?" Leejan asked, furrowing his brows.

3
I widened my eyes at him. "Oh um, it's nothing" I reassured.

2
He hummed as a response while I continued to look around.

1..

*ring* *ring*
Leejan's phone was vibrating from the bottom of his pants. The sudden call made us to back away from each other.

"Who is it?" I asked politely.

"I'm not sure. It says no caller ID." he shrugged, staring at his device.

"Um excuse me for a minute." he said, leaving the dancefloor. It was just me standing in the midde all lonely. I tried acting casual as I waited for him to come back.

"Care for a dance?"
I turned my body around to see who was talking to me. I took a couple of steps back from the person who was in front of me.

"Moonbin..." I smiled. He bowed down and returned a smile back. Both of his hands were forward, waiting for me to take them.

I bit my lips, thinking if I should take his offer. Leejan was outside not knowing what was happening to me. Taking a deep breath I placed my hands on top of his.

"Sure!"

Moonbin turned his head towards his hyungs on stage. Exchanging the same expressions, Mj took the microphone.

"Let us welcome the stars of tonight's dancefloor!" He welcomed.

The soft spotlight was now shining down on us. Everyone surrounded the floor, leaving the two of us in the middle. I didn't like the thought of having all the attention.

Moonbin held onto my hands and guided them around his neck while his arms wrapped around my waist. My face madly turned red from his touch. Good thing the lighting was too vibrant for him to notice.

The song that was playing in the background was the instrumental of Love Wheel, one of the songs in their first album.

The two boys on stage were singing their parts of the song. Sanha, Rocky, and Jinjin made their entrance as well from behind the curtain.

Some people were watching the whole scene unfold in front of them while others had their phones out recording.

Moonbin also sang out his parts while I danced in between his arms. Hearing his voice up close was something that I would always remember.

After the song ended, he leaned in closer to my ear.
"Happy Birthday." he whispered.

Before I could say anything, the whole restaurant went jet black. The lights were completely turned off for about 10 seconds.
People were panicking from the sudden darkness. When the electricity went back, the boys weren't here anymore.

It was just me in the middle again. "Woah..." I muttered.

Leejan walked towards me with a worried expression

"The caller didn't even talk on the phone. Anyways, why are you just standing in the middle here?" He asked, looking around.

My gaze shifted to his. "You were out this whole time?"

The boy nodded. I was relieved that he didn't watch that whole thing.

"You want to head out now?" He asked, checking the time.

I replied with a nod and smile.

As I left the restaurant I felt the small breeze flow against my heated skin. Whatever happened tonight was something that would always stay in my heart.

▢▢▢

a/n: Comment and vote yay!