Chapter 26- Shattered

Harry:

"You really need to go to sleep Harry." Louis said walking into the main room in his pajamas.

"I can't." I said rubbing my tear soaked eyes.

"Harry, he's fine. I promise." Louis said.

"Then why won't he answer my texts?" I asked choking on my own words.

Just then the door creaked open and there stood a wide eyed Niall.

"NIALL!" I shouted and jumped up from the couch. I ran at him and wrapped my arms around him taking him by surprise. 

"Thank God you're okay." I sobbed into his neck. I felt him push away and he glared at me with hate.

"Niall? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Please don't touch me." Niall said and pushed past me.

"What the hell Niall?" I asked. "Do you even realize how much I worried about you?" I saw Louis slip out of the room out of the corner of my eye.

"All I asked is that you don't touch me." He said calmly.

"I'm your boyfriend Niall! Since when can I not touch you?" I asked as tears threatened to slip over my cheeks.

"Well maybe it's not working out anymore! OKAY?" He shouted.

"What?" I asked as my shoulder's slumped. Was he breaking up with me?

"It's not working anymore, I'm sorry Harry." He said.

"What did she do to you? NIALL! What did she do?!" I demanded staring at him.

For a split second I saw his face fall but it quickly regained it's earlier composure.

"Nothing, I was with her first Harry." He said.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. There was no way that was true. Not after everything that we had been through.

"And I like girls." He said and turned to walked down the hall.

Those last 4 words broke my heart. It was like a smack in the face. It was like he was making fun of me. Just the way he said it, like it was the most disgusting thought he could ever think up.

I felt my knees give out beneath me and I slid down the wall. I let out a silent sob into my hands as my body shook violently. I felt like my chest had caved in, making it hard to breathe.

I couldn't bring myself to believe that all of those kisses meant nothing to him. 

"Haz, come here." I heard the gentle voice of my best friend say. I looked up and through my blurred vision and saw his sad blue eyes staring at me.

"Come on, Love." He said lifting me up in his arms and carrying my down the hall. If I didn't love Niall... I thought. Louis was absolute the nicest person on the planet. He always put me first above everything.

He sat down on his bed and pulled my head into his lap, stroking my hair softly. 

"Shhh, take a deep breath." He said. I did what he said and soon enough I was able to breath normally.

"What happened Haz?" He asked. I started up at the ceiling and took a deep, shaky breath.

"He broke up with me." I said biting my lip to prevent myself from crying.

"What? Why?" Louis asked.

"He doesn't like guys." I said and the tears came back.

"That's bullshit, he flirted with you as much as you did him. I watched it." Louis exclaimed.