seven ✦ delight

[ kirstie and scotts outfits ^^]

7 months later

SCOTT:

These months have been tough for Kirstie. I mean, she lost her son and best friend. Yes, you heard right. Kevin stayed in a coma for 2 months before his family decided to pull the plug. He wasn't progressing well. After that, Kirstie had nightmares every night. They were all about the wreck. Eventually, they stopped and she was glad. She isn't as sad about it anymore. She actually makes light out of the situation. In the 6 months that Kirstie has been living here, we have gotten very close. My feelings for her have never went away. I still like her as much as when I first saw her. I was thinking about asking her out but, she probably doesn't like me. Her constant flirting says otherwise though. Since her birthday is in a week and I might man up and ask her out before then.

3 days later:

I am going to ask Kirstie to be my girlfriend today. I'm actually terrified. What if she says no? What if she hates me afterwards? I started getting more worried.

- time skip -

I told Kirstie to dress nice and meet me downstairs at 6pm. We went shopping a few days after she moved in. She didn't want to keep wearing my clothes even though I thought she looked cute in them. I started getting ready. I took a shower and put on my clothes. I felt like I was dressing too over the top to just be going to a restaurant but it was a fancy place. I walked downstairs at 5:55. While waiting for Kirstie, I texted my best friend, Mitch to tell him what is going to happen.

"Jessica! I'm fixing to take the prettiest girl out on a date. I'm so excited"

"OMG, Betty! I'm happy for you! Have fun, Love! I gotta go but love you xoxo <3"

I smiled and didn't respond. I miss hanging out with him but, he has been hanging out with his boyfriend, Beau. He is becoming more and more distant. I sighed and looked at the stairs. All of my thoughts went away when I saw her. She was so stunning that I could barely think of anything to say.

"Wow, Kirst. You look.. amazing.." I stood there staring at her, not caring if she noticed.

She smiled and laughed softly. "Well you don't looks so bad yourself, Scotty." She walked down the stairs and stood beside me. "So, where are we going tonight?"

"I can't tell you that." I smiled and shook my head.

She gasped and hit my arm softly. "Rude!"

I laughed and held my arm out for her to take it, and she did. We walked outside. "Now, the restaurant is only an 7 minute walk so there is no need to take a car."

She nodded. "Well, let's get going then."

I started walking and I looked around. After a few seconds of walking, guys started throwing comments at Kirstie.

"Hey how you doin'? Where you from?" The guys walked right next to her and she ignored him. He scoffed and walked away.

"Ohhh! Look at that thing." A guy yelled and whistled at her. I was getting angrier every second.

"Very nice.. Very, very nice.." One of the guys eyed her up and down. Kirstie looked very uncomfortable. We started walking faster and made it to the restaurant.

"Finally." I mumbled under my breath.

I was fuming with anger. Those guys are sick. I looked down and realized my hands were in fists and my knuckles were white. I had to calm down. Kirstie looked up at me and my anger went away quickly. I smiled and walked to the counter.

"Hoying. Party of 2." A lady nodded and motioned for us to follow her.

She took us to a back table were hardly anyone was sitting around. I smiled again and pulled the chair out for Kirstie. She laughed and sat down. I did the same and looked around. One thing stood out. There he was. Kirstie's ex.

"You have got to be kidding me." I rolled my eyes. Is he following us or something?

Kirstie started to look in the direction I was looking at. I quickly turned her attention back towards me so she wouldn't see him. I don't want this to ruin the date.

"So, Scott. Why did you bring me to this fancy restaurant?" She smiled and looked at me.

"You'll see shortly." She gave me a questioning look.

A waiter came by and took our orders. He was eyeing Kirstie and was flirting with her. I rolled my eyes but didn't mention anything about it. Kirstie didn't seem to notice what the guy was doing. Our food came out shortly after. After we got through eating, I ordered desert. This was actually going to happen. I'm actually going to ask her to be my girlfriend. My hands started to sweat. Here goes nothing.

I cleared my throat. "Um, Kirst?" She looked at me. "I just wanted to say that you make me so happy. I know that I have only known you for 8 months but, it's just.. everytime I see you, I feel like there are flowers growing in my chest and I don't know what to do about it." I laughed at the dumb words. "I have never looked at anyone the way I look at you. You mean the world to me. You have made my life brighter. I want to be able to say you're mine and I want you to be able to say I'm yours. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that I really like you."

She smiled widely. "Really?"

"Yes really." I nodded.

"Dude! I like you too!" She laughed. "No but seriously. I really do."

I smiled and reached over and took her hand. "Kirstin Maldonado? Will you be my girlfriend?" She was quiet for a moment. This made me more nervous.

She nodded. "Of course I will!" I smiled again and got up. She got up as well and hugged me tightly. "You're so corny. You know that right?" She giggled and looked at me.

"Yeah. Yeah. Whatever. Being corny is my specialty." She rolled her eyes playfully.

"Lets just go home." We walked out of the restaurant hand in hand.

I saw her ex and flipped him off discreetly so Kirstie wouldn't see. He got angry and I told Kirstie to walk faster before he caught up to us. I laughed silently.

"Hey, Scott. Can we get an uber? I don't feel like walking in these heels anymore." I nodded and called one.

I got in and looked over at Kirstie. I can't believe I just did that. I smiled. She is actually my girlfriend. That's amazing. I've been waiting for this since I first saw her. I finally took my chance.

———————

this chapter sucked :/
- <3
{1160 words}