04

length: 215 words

In the next morning, which happened to be on a warm Saturday, the sun returned to the sky, but not a single event from previous night returned to Namjoon's head from after he'd left the party and arrived to his flat with Jungkook, and Jungkook was grateful for that. Unbelievably grateful. Questionably grateful.

"Why are you acting like this?" Namjoon grumbled. Yeah, questionably grateful. "Did I do something embarrassing last night?"

He was starting to actually get worried. Jungkook lowkey thought Namjoon looked cute when he was worrying, but he was very kind so he didn't drag it on.

"More embarrassing than you already are when you're sober?" Jungkook asked, flipping a pancake. "Nah, hyung. You tried to sing a whale song though."

"Let's... never bring this up."

"Yeah, let's not, because I'm pretty sure I tried to be your background vocals."

Namjoon chuckled and asked about it, but Jungkook reminded him of the rule they'd just set. Never bring it up.

And they didn't. No one brought up the night in which Jungkook had tried to confess his love for Namjoon, for the first time ever, and failed.

But truth be told, Jungkook didn't regret it because at least, now he knew how to do it. And he was going to do it right.