18

length: 1.9K

"Hyung?" Jungkook called out, walking inside. He suppressed a sigh when Namjoon's muffled reply came from Yoongi's room. He could've been at home, in bed, watching shameless on Taehyung's laptop while eating cold pizza.

What a shame.

But Namjoon had asked him to come over. And he'd said yes with no hesitation. Because he was such a sucker for Namjoon, he would do anything Namjoon wanted him to — including, but not limited to, giving him prep-talks before dates with other people even if he'd kill to be in their place.

This was already established though. Right.

Jungkook walked into Yoongi's room and he could've sworn his heart stopped when he was greeted by the sight of Namjoon, standing there, across the room, with a soft smile and damp hair, black trousers and a pink shirt, halfway buttoned and untucked — Namjoon, standing there, looking so pretty, so soft, and just... lovely. So lovely.

"You look lovely," Jungkook said before he could stop himself. Namjoon ducked his head, smiling bashfully. Jungkook's heart clenched a little. A little too much.

Fuck, was this shit healthy?

"Thanks," Namjoon said, fidgeting with his sleeves. "Hey, can you help me with these?"

"Sure." Jungkook walked in and sat down on the bed, and began folding up Namjoon's sleeves. "So, who are you seeing tonight?"

"Yerim. She's the girl I told you about — the one I rejected before."

"Oh?" Jungkook looked up. "What about your crush?"

"He doesn't like me back."

"He what?" Jungkook scoffed. "How could he not? God, Joonie, I'm— I'm so sorry. You deserve better anyway. Robots suck."

Namjoon chuckled humourlessly. He sounded tired. "Thanks, Kook."

"Yeah. Um, when did you ask him out?" Jungkook asked. "I thought you'd tell me."

Namjoon stiffened. "I didn't."

"Huh?"

"Yerim texted me yesterday — she has an extra ticket because her friend bailed on her. Captain Marvel. I said I might go. I told him I'm going on a date and he was really happy about it so..." Namjoon trailed off.

"Oh."

"I mean, he sounded happy about me dating someone else so, yeah. Can't get more obvious."

Not necessarily. Someone could like you and not feel even remotely possessive or jealous over you, Jungkook thought. Namjoon knew that, too, but it seemed like he was just tired of pining.

Well. Same here, Jungkook thought. That's why I'm pretending I don't fucking care as much as I do.

"Fuck. I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Namjoon said, smiling. A little smile. The Little Smile. "Kinda wanna stay at home and sulk."

Jungkook's chest tightened. "Then do it. You don't have to go. You can go out with her later. You can stay here." With me.

Please.

"Nah," Namjoon shrugged, putting out his other arm. "It'll be fun. I need to move on, you know?"

Jungkook hummed. He wasn't sure he could speak. Namjoon sounded off, and Jungkook couldn't help but wonder if he was lying. But about what?

Silently, Jungkook folded the other sleeve and stood up, making sure the lengths were equal while constantly fighting the urge to trail his fingers over Namjoon's smooth forearms. His delicate wrists. His hands. His fingertips.