12

length: 0.4K words

After looking up 'origins of zombies,' Jungkook discovered that, quote — unquote, zombie folklore had been around for centuries in Haiti and that it possibly originated from when West Africans were brought in were brought in to work on Haiti's sugar cane plantations. According to some reports, the life — or rather afterlife — of a zombie represented the horrific plight of slavery.

After calling up Taehyung, Jungkook discovered that his fake nurse idea wasn't so bad. As soon as he heard the words fake nurse, the older boy came up with a short story idea set in a hospital in which character A would be injured and character B, a stranger, would pretend to be a nurse. Halfway through a flirting session full of fake medical advice, the actual nurse would walk in. Namjo— character A would realise what was going on, character B would be unapologetic, and they would decide to go on a date.

(Jungkook loved it.. Also, character A would be a rapper. A poet. With dimples.)

(Taehyung agreed and called him gay. So Jungkook called him a furry.)

After calling Taehyung a furry, Jungkook discovered that Taehyung wasn't actually a furry but everyone believed him when he said he was without questioning it at all — which, admittedly, was a slightly concerning reaction...

(Yoongi was the only one who knew the truth aside from Jungkook, though, Jungkook had also discovered, because when Taehyung 'came out' as a furry, Yoongi was genuinely upset with him. "And he had every right to, as a trans guy," Jungkook told Taehyung, who agreed. Trans people were often not taken seriously due to people seriously claiming they identify as objects, mythological characters, animals, and even children — from what Jungkook had seen back when he 'researched' things with Namjoon and Jimin on Tumblr.)

After hanging up the phone, Jungkook discovered that he missed Namjoon a lot. He couldn't fall asleep quickly that night, even though he was physically drained. And emotionally in pain.

After waking up at noon, Jungkook discovered that he couldn't fall asleep because he was too busy thinking about Namjoon's fucking crush. A nameless asshole who would never be good enough for Namjoon — not because he wasn't Jungkook, but because Namjoon deserved the best.

And because he wasn't Jungkook.

(But then again, Jungkook often wondered if he deserved Namjoon; even as a friend — but that was a different story. A story Jungkook kept to himself.)