14

length: 1.6K words

Jungkook didn't get jealous. He occasionally got jealous but it was never a significant feeling. The last time he felt really jealous was when Kim Heejin threw a birthday party two days after his birthday and he hadn't thrown one at all because he felt like fourteen was too old for birthday parties. God, he still regretted it. Heejin's party was pretty large and it was brought up in conversations for months.

Was that even jealousy? Or just regret?

Because the party was awesome and Heejin was a fucking sweetheart and he had so much fun. Yeah, it bothered him a little that barely anyone remembered his birthday while Heejin's was hyped for the rest of the year but, still, it wasn't a big deal.

Nothing really ever was a big deal — not when it came to jealousy.

So Jungkook wasn't really sure how to deal with jealousy at this point because he was jealous. Really fucking jealous. Burning on the inside. Seething. Bitch Furry Mode: On. He felt like Taylor Swift back when she hated other girls.

"I'm sorry but hyung," Jungkook whined, "you love me more, right? More than you like your crush? Please say yes because— yes."

Meet Jeon Jungkook. The reason the word eloquence was coined. A master of words and expression.

"No," Jungkook groaned. "No. Just. No. Date me. I'm cute. I can lift you. I even did it while drunk. Our clothes are the same size."

What the fuck?

With a sigh, Jungkook slid his thumb across the screen, deleting the voice recording just as his phone pinged and with new text notifications.

Joonie 💖💘

what are u recording? *-*
open the door? i'm here :3

Fuck. Already? Jungkook hastily sprayed on some deodorant and hurried towards the door, brushing his hair with his hands on the way.
"Hey hyung!" Jungkook greeted, "that was quick."

"Yeah, I was nearby," Namjoon said, lifting the grocery bags in his hands as an explanation. "Nice socks. You smell good."

Jungkook wiggled his big toe sticking out of the hole in his sock. "Thanks, they're my favourite. Also it's women's deodorant."

"I hate that nonsense," Namjoon rolled his eyes as he walked in, heading straight to the kitchen. "It's just deodorant. Ungendered."

"Gendered. It's Taehyung Gender," Jungkook corrected. Shaking his head at Namjoon's confused expression, he added, "Seokjin Gay, Taehyung Gender — uh, it's a thing."

"What?"

"Ask Hobi hyung," Jungkook chuckled, moving and taking the bags from Namjoon's hands and placing them on the counter. "So, what are we making and what do you wanna talk about?"

"Uh, remember when I told you I had a crush?" Namjoon asked. As if Jungkook could ever forget. "And, I don't know. Crêpes?"

"Popcorn," Jungkook corrected as he lift himself up and sat on the counter. "I'm lazy. I don't know anything about your crush, though."

"It's a guy." Nice. "Where's the popcorn?"

"The first drawer," Jungkook said, frowning. "If it's not there then there's an unopened bag in the—"

"Found it."

"Yeah."

Jungkook had to physically force himself to stop frowning. "So. It's a guy, huh? I know way too much — you should probably poison me with the popcorn."