Chapter 3 - Psychiatrist

~Weeks after meeting Jim~

It was quite a day that had been planned. You were to go to the psychiatrist with your very rarely sober mother to get more prescription drugs... it was the same one you've had for years, just now she was closer. The building ran tall and pristine in the central of London, people walking by, minding their own business.

"So, Y/n, How have you been?"

"Alright, I suppose,"

"Is your mother keeping sober?" You look out the window and sigh.

"Y-yeah..."

"That's good, very good, now, how are the voices?" The psychiatrist scribbles down notes as you continue to answer questions.

"They're not going away," You bite your lip and look down at the tiled floor.

"I think we'll increase the dose 4mg,"

"Alright," she wrote out a prescription and handed it over. She leaves the room.

She's trying to poison you

You look to your left and make eye contact with a blue caterpillar who blew smoke rings your way. "No, she's not, she's trying to help," the caterpillar blows another puff of smoke.

Sureeeeee thing

You wave the smoke away and cough a few times. The smell lingered in the air, you tried to focus on anything but the caterpillar.

How much longer shall you lie to them? You know this is much more serious than you play it out to be...

"It's fine..."

It's fine she says... of course, it will be!

"Will you shut up?" You throw a pen at the caterpillar, hitting it in the face.

How rude!

A wave of smoke blows your way as the caterpillar disappears. You sigh and look down at the paper. Written in scribbled writing you could only make out a few words. Y/n... toxine... up dosage.

You see, toxin is poison...

More smoke fogs the room. You kept coughing so you left the room to see your mother talking to the psychiatrist. "Y/n, sweetie, let's go," sweetie? She never calls you that.

~~~

"Why can't you just be normal?! It would save us so much money!" Your mother shouts this once you all get in the house. You clench your fists and look to the floor tearing up.

"You're not even paying for it," you mumble.

"What did you say?!"

"I SAID YOU'RE NOT EVEN PAYING FOR IT! DAD IS AND HE WANTS ME TO GET BETTER!"

"YOUR FATHER IS SCUM!" You run up the stairs and into the hall.

"AT LEAST HE CARES!" You shout, slamming the door behind you. The window was open so you decided to climb out onto the roof.

~~~

"Knock knock?" You hear a voice from your room, footsteps creak the floor towards your window.

"Jim? How did you find my house? "

"Simple deductions really, I simply-"

"You saw me on the roof?"

"I saw you on the roof..." you chuckle and move over to make space for him. He climbs out to the roof and takes a look at the view. "Not bad,"

"Yea, I guess," Just over the houses you could see the sun setting, hues of orange and yellow flowed to create the perfect sunset, perfect for a photo. "One second," You move past him and back into your room, you take out the camera you had saved up for. "Smile!" You started to video and pointed it up at Jim who had covered his face.