Chapter 13 - Fortismere formals

Well let's just say your time at the regent formals was BORING everyone was drunk and making out (where were the teachers? You had no idea). So the night was cut short, you all going to the Diner and having child fries with a milkshake.

Here you were, no company, standing awkwardly by the snack table, alone, slowly sipping at punch... did I mention you were alone? Looking around the gym you looked to see a familiar boy sitting taking notes. You shuffled through the crowd to him, finally getting a good look at him you stop dead. Remember how he was described as a boy? No this was a man, a purple fitted shirt and black slacks, he looked so causal and so formal at the same time it-

"You seem to stare a lot!" He suddenly shouted over the music.

"Can't help but notice someone out of place!" He chuckles and closes his note book.

"What- and I say this in the least rude way possible, what do you want?" You laugh and roll your eyes.

"Still came off as rude," you sat next to him on the bleachers, he finally got a good look at you.

"You look beautiful," blushing he smirks and goes back to his notes. You close his book and take his hand. "What are-"

"Well Mr William we are going to dance,"

"I don't think I'd like to mingle with savages," you burst into laughter and shake your head. Pulling him into the hall way.

"We aren't going to 'mingle with savages', big crowds aren't my thing... that's why we are dancing here! We can still hear music and dance as weirdly as possible!" The door slams behind you, and as you said the music could still be heard.

"I have to warn you, I love dancing,"

"Oh do you? Let's see then," you stand back as he puts down his notes. Taking his position he spins around perfectly landing in the same stance facing you. You slowly clap and grin. "I must say I'm impressed, to be fair I'm appalling at dancing..." he takes your right hand in his as you place your left on his shoulder. You shiver as he places an arm on your waist. The music then changes to a slower tone.

"It seems we have perfect timing," he chuckles and pulls you closer. The songs starts and you both sway back and forth. Mumbled tunes in the background make it feel like a vivid dream. You seem to forget everything... everything wrong with you. You felt... normal. The song ended and a new song came on, Stayin Alive by the bee gees.

"Now this is my favourite song so you better have some good dance moves up your sleeve," you say, forgetting the context in which this song holds in your memory. He smirks and spins you outwards and back to him.

"Is that good enough?" You smirk and spin around with his arm above you. You quickly take his hand, spin him out and catch him in a bow. Tango style. He looked a bit shocked, very shocked actually before he smirked and changed positions so you were in the bow. "Your dancing is appalling? I'd think the opposite," he giggle and look up at him. He stares at you with a blush creeping up, gently he places his lips on yours taking you by surprise, you pull him in closer.

"Y/n!" You pull back reluctantly at the familiar voice. You see Charlie running down the hall in her dress along with Ally a bit behind, jogging and Mathew walking slowly with a frown. "Whatcha doing?" She asks slyly. You stutter a bit before William replies for you.

"We were dancing,"

"Looked like something more," Ally coughed. You sent her a glare before brightly smiling at Mathew who was glaring at William. Quirking a brow at his behaviour you see William pick up his notes.

"Where are you going?" Your question gained a mocking quiet comment repeat from Mathew.

"Yeah, William, where are you going?" Mathew grumbles but grunts when Ally kicks him in his shin.

"I wouldn't want to intrude," he replies quickly. You chuckle and shake your head.

"I've never heard something so absurd, come on," you take his hand and Ally's, who takes Charlie's who takes Mathews hand. You drag them all to the Gym with a grin on your face. You start to dance as everyone reached the dance floor. Charlie and Ally joining in, all was left were the boys. "Are you boys chicken?" They both scoff and glare at each other at their timing.

"Nope!" Mathew shouts over the music. He slides past William with a grin and starts to dance with you. You giggle and sway in beat with the song. William straightens out his shirt clutching his notes tight he walks over to you, grabbing you attention. He spins a few times and smirks, you grin and follow along. Mathew growling and trying to catch your attention which works.

"She is blind isn't she?" Charlie giggles as she and Ally sway back and forth together.

"Blind as a bat," the vicious cycle of the two boys fighting for your attention as you absentmindedly danced along continued for the rest of the night.

~~~