Chapter 16 - News

"Mum?" You unlock the front door, letting out a smokey cough.

"Y/n?" Her bright smile welcomes you, soon in turns into worry as she catches you mid fall. "What happened? What's going on?" You chuckle and clutch your chest.

"This is going to take a while to explain,"

~~~

"I... I don't believe it! How- why-" she was a stuttering mess. "I should have known I should have stopped you! You could have died!"

"But I didn't," your half smile caused her to sigh in frustration. "Look, I just need you to help me... I faked my death..."

"What?!" You shush her as to not wake the neighbours.

"I know it sounds bad but I just need to get away from this, a lot of people want me dead, and know who I am but won't go to the police," you take her trembling hands in yours. "I have made so much from this, and I will send you money to help you out, I just need to start fresh, I- I have everything sorted and all, it was just a matter of when, really," she looks up at you with tear strained eyes.

"I- Alright, as long as you don't get caught and you promise to call me every once in a while," you nod and chuckle. "I'll report you missing once you're gone, ok? Start packing everything,"

~~~

"Last nights explosion caused chaos at the casino, only one causality was found, though the target for this attack was missing from the scene-"

"Mycroft? Turn that louder would you?" William- well, Sherlock, as he requested to be called from now on, threw a pretzel at Mycroft, his brother, who was reading a book near the remote. Mycroft grunts and does as requested.

"Coroner reports say that one casualty could have been recent graduate Y/n, who's last name will not be revealed, who had booked the hotel room right next door to the targeted room of Mr Blue, the infamous criminal known for-"

"Isn't that your friend?" Mrs Holmes says from the kitchen.

"This just in, we have confirmation, the body found was in fact Y/n, who has just been reported missing by her mother, we are very sorry to anyone whom this may affect-" Sherlock stands up quickly and straightens out his shirt, he leaves the room quickly, not letting the tears spill just yet.

~~~

"-We are sorry to anyone whom this may affect, however this attack may have been the work of the Wonderland gang as signature cards were found around the casino later in the night, this causality may spark more debate whether or not the Wonderland gang is a savior... or menace," Mathew turns off the Tv and looks at the wall that held photos of them together, staring it down in anger. He stands up and walks up to it, immediately smashing his fist against the hard wall. Over and over and over, again and again, he kept this up until the photos were spread about and bloody. Tears trickled at the edge of his eyes grabbing each photo of you, he opens a box and places every memory of you in it.

~~~

"How did you do it?" The cat that sat in the passenger seat asked.

"You know how," you sighed and continued focusing on the road in front of you.

"Yes, but I do enjoy hearing it," you chuckle and glance down sadly.

"I knew I had to start a new life, faking my death was option two if I had no other way," you stop at a red light and look down at the cat who was grinning up at you.

"You wanted it to go this way didn't you?" You slowly nod and continue down the road once the light turned green.

"It was the easiest way, I had everything prepared, new passport, birth certificate with a fake name, ID's and everything was hacked into the governments file. So now here I am, hair dyed d/h/c and d/e/c contacts in on my way to Cambridge, ready to apply and hopefully get in... everything will be running smoothly I hope, once I graduate and get my dream job I will be normal and live a dull... uneventful... normal... life,"

"We know that's not what you want... is it?" You look into the rear view mirror to see a shadowy figure wearing a top hat.

"No, Hatter, that's exactly what I want, and soon you'll be gone, all of you," you grip the steering wheel tighter and huff as you approached the University.

~Many years later~

"And why do you wish to change your name to Y/n L/n, Miss fox?"

"Y/n is my grandmothers name and L/n is my mother's last name," (I know this sounds weird if L/n is your fathers last name and not your mothers but please ignore this and don't @ me!) the government official nods.

"Well, Miss Y/n L/n, all your documents have been changed and I hope you have a pleasant evening," you smile and take everything with you. Hopefully moving back to London will not cause any problems...

~~~

Is- Is this the end? Mhmmmmmm yes it is I hope you enjoyed this girls and lizards, I will hopefully write a sequel to Mental where there will be an ending with Sherlock and an ending with Moriarty!!!! Love you loads!

- Anna ❤️❤️❤️