Chapter 14: The End of the World

Recap:

Tessa was trapped in a burning spaceship by Cassandra the skin trampoline. The Doctor (11) then came at her call and recused her, taking her on an adventure with Amy and Rory (Vampires of Venice).

•••

The burning spaceship was definitely not my favorite place. The air was still smoking, the temperatures higher then ever.

I was still going to die here.

"Did we have to come here?" I questioned the Doctor, his quiff deflating in the heat.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Does there have to be a reason?"

"Yes." I grumbled, flicking a switch, the burnt engines groaning.

"To make sure when we teleport you back to the station, the teleportation beams aren't traced back to the TARDIS."

"Excuses excuses."

"Oi! I am helping you!"

"Entirely." I scoffed, glaring at him, his feet propped up on the controls, him sitting in a melting chair.

"That's going to collapse-" I began, being cut off by the groaning of the poor chair underneath the Doctor's weight, quickly collapsing. I quickly stifled a laugh, hoisting the Doctor up onto his large feet.

"Well, time for you to get back, you'll be using a vortex manipulator. No fun. Time travel without a capsel." The Doctor rambled, flapping his hands about like a bird. He reached across himself, stretching his hand into his pocket. A watch like thing came out afterwards, buttons dotting the bracelet.

I held out my wrist, the weathered worn leather smooth. I nodded, typing in the coordinates the Doctor held out to me, his eyes full of sorrow. Before pressing the last button, I grabbed onto the Doctor, wrapping him in a large hug, his bony arms pulling me closer.

"I'm going to see you again, Doc." I murmured into his chest, his jacket smelling like the warm bread from Venice.

"I know. Just not soon enough." He whispered in my ear, pressing the final button and stepping away, my stomach dropping.

•••

I appeared in the Manchester suite, the Doctor speaking softly to Rose, her face red and flustered, a few burns dotting her side. My head spun, and I cracked my neck, strutting off towards them, the air uncomfortably hot.

"You all right?" Rose sincerely asked the Doctor, neither noticing me yet.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm full of ideas, I'm bristling with them. Idea number one, teleportation through five thousand degrees need some kind of feed. Idea number two, this feed must be hidden nearby." The Doctor explained, his face firm and serious.

His gaze shifted to the ostrich egg, and I grinned, slipping my way over.

"Idea number three, if you're as clever as us, then a teleportation feed can be reversed." I spoke up, cracking open the ostrich egg, startling everyone in the room, Rose and the Doctor jumping over to me, relief written on their faces.

"What happened?" Rose questioned, rushing up to me, grabbing my shoulders and scanning my eyes. A sharp pain shot up my left shoulder, causing me to wince, Rose looking concerned.

"Tessa?" The Doctor asked, his eyes wide.

"Yeah?"

"What happened?" He murmured, edging his way closer.