Pulling Their Legs

The whole cast of Strictly Come Dancing had been invited to the Pride of Britain awards. I found myself getting quite emotional at times, so Dianne and I walked towards the lift to go get some much needed drinks.

There were a few of us waiting for the lift and as we did so, I couldn't help but admire Dianne. She looked amazing. Gorgeous in fact. She looks beautiful anyway, but when she does her makeup, and styles her hair in a way she likes, she looks even more so. It's probably because she likes what she sees, it makes her feel more confident, so when that comes across, she radiates beauty. When I snapped out of my thoughts, I could see her give me the once over, actually, it looked like more than just a once over and I smirked at her.

"Like what you see?" I whispered straight into her ear.

"Definitely. You look hot in a suit and those glasses."

Just as our mouths were about to meet, Swanny and Oti made an appearance and interrupted our moment. The lift doors open and we all went in.

"Oh, hi guys," she said, not even phased by the looks we were giving each other. "Are you getting some drinks, Joe? And Dianne, of course," Oti asked, shrugging when she mentioned Dianne.

"Yeah, definitely. We need it after all that."

"Drinks are up on the third floor!" Swanny shouted from a corner and I saw Dianne press the number 4 button.

"What are you doing, you plonker?" Oti just broke down into a fit of laugher. "Swanny said third floor, not fourth! Press three."

Dianne kept pressing the number three button, but we still reached the fourth floor. Oti laughed again and attempted to wipe her eyes without smudging her mascara.

Finally we got to the third floor and Swanny, Oti, Dianne and I found a table near the door.

"First round's on me," Swanny said then took their preferences. Oti took out her phone, went onto a social media site and I saw her type out, "Remember that lift ride? Lmao @joe_sugg "4th floor?" Lmao love you two."

"That's so open for interpretation," I said. Swanny, bearing drinks, looked over at the post.

"Can you imagine all the fanfiction your Joanne fans are going to write?" Most of the cast of Strictly

"Are going to write? They're already writing naughty fanfics."

"Well done, Oti," Dianne said, holding out her hand. Oti took her hand, sending them both into a fit of laughter. "Give them more subjects to write," she managed to say through her laughter.

"You never know. Someone might write the truth."

"Or write something tame, like kissing in a lift," Dianne offered. I snorted.

"Look at the comments here," Swanny said, showing Dianne his phone. I looked at my phone.

"Well. We did come pretty close to kissing outside the lift," I admitted, giving Dianne a fond look. "Until we got interrupted."

"Yeah, and you were giving each other heart eyes." Swanny took Oti's hands and held them to his heart, exaggerating what we'd actually looked like.

"Stop!" Dianne said. "I can't breathe!" She actually couldn't.

"Maybe we should give them more fodder," Swanny suggested.

"No, don't go pulling their legs. They'll write what they want to write." Suddenly I remembered the press and I groaned. "Oh no. Imagine what the press are going to say now." I looked at Dianne and she'd calmed down a little. "Come on, my love. Let's leave these two so you can breathe again."

She took a deep breath and took my arm.

A/N - I initially didn't want to do this one, because I actually do think something quite naughty happened, and writers have already flogged this to death, so I didn't know if I'd have anything of substance to offer. But I thought this might be a bit different, so as you can see, I gave it a new spin. I'd love to know what you thought of it.

Oh, and there's another one-shot with the same subject as my first one on here. It's in the story "I bet you look good on the dance floor//joanne" The chapter is called "A little upset," and it's wayyyyyy better than mine. It's by @8h8a8n8n8a8h8 and I highly recommend it.