I Aim to Please (Salsa week No. 1)

My amazing coloured coat!!!

After all the training I did that day, I gave all the boys a hug, really appreciating the part they'd played in our dance that week. I bet a lot of them had other routines to help out in, like in the others' musicals dances. So when they'd left, it left me and Dianne alone for the first time that day.

"I'm so proud of you, Joe. You did so well. How do you feel about that?"

"I mean, it's quite rusty at the moment. But I like it?" I looked at her, trying to see if I answered right.

"Well it's only Tuesday, but it's coming along nicely."

"As long as you're happy, then I am too." I think she picked up on my tone, sensing I was still unsure of myself.

"I loved it," she said softly, cupping my face in her hand. "You need to believe in yourself more," she whispered against my lips before capturing it with her own.

She went over into a corner of the room. "What you doing? Where are you going?"

"Getting your phone to show you how good that was."

She pressed the stop record button and brought up that last clip.

"Oh my God, look at Trent!" He was in the corner of the room, I was stood up straight in that last lift and he was looking at me in wonderment. His mouth was literally wide open in a smile and you might as well have replaced his eyes with stars.

The two of us went into silent laughter. I clutched my aching stomach.

"Yeah," Dianne said through her laughter. She breathed out and collected herself. "See what I mean!" I nodded, still laughing. "Our amazing choreographer had that expression on his face."

"Well, I aim to please." I pulled her in for a sideways hug whilst we sat on the floor.

"What are you up to tonight?"

"I promised the boys I'd go out for some drinks with them." I smirked. "Why? Do you have another suggestion?"

"I did, but I guess it'll have to wait." Tease. "Don't come in here with a hangover."

"I won't," I said quietly, giving her a quick peck on the lips. "I've got a trick now."

~—~

"Hey look who it is!" Caspar shouted, drawing attention to me as I came into the bar. "It's twinkletoes." There was a loud chorus of waheys.

"Who else hasn't turned up?" I asked just as loudly.

"Conor, Jack and Josh." I felt a tap on my shoulder and there stood the two Maynard brothers.

"No hardship about Josh," I said loudly the same time that Mikey said, "Well, Josh doesn't matter."

"Speak of the devil." And Josh appeared. It was quite a nice night though, considering Josh was there.

"Let's see some of your training clips, Joe," Oli said.

"I can't show you much, but here's this bit..." I decided to show them the bit Dianne and I were laughing about earlier.

"Mate," Mikey said. "That looks amazing."

"Yeah, you've gotta get tens for that," Caspar said.

"And it's only the second day of training. If you carry on improving, you're bound to get tens," Oli said realistically.

"What does Dianne think?" Jack asked, wiggling his eyebrows. I blushed scarlet, remembering what happened.

"Oooooh," Mikey and Jack said in a sing-song way.

Caspar nudged my arm. "I bet she's proud of you."

"Yeah, she said that earlier." All of a sudden I went shy. I looked over at Conor who was smiling at me. I raised my eyebrows at him as if to say, "Whaaat?"

"I think she's the best dance partner you could get." I quietly agreed. "She's done wonders with your self-esteem. Plus, she's got you to dance like that," he explained, gesturing to my phone.

"I've met the other ones and I agree," Mikey said. "She's the best one for you."

After catching up with the rest of them, I was the first one to go. When I got home, I texted:

I love you loads 😘

Few seconds later I got back:

luv u to 😉

gudnite

see ya tomoz

😘

After that I fell straight asleep.