Kid in a Sweet Shop

"This place is huge!" Dianne said.

I nodded in agreement. "It's got to be. It's one of the countries major airports." Possibly even the world's major airports

"I know, but it still amazes me how big this area is. And I've used this airport a million times." I shook my head fondly at her. "Ooh! Let's go to this shop. I need a new pair of sunglasses. I think I forgot mine at home."

"How could you forget sunglasses when we're going to a Greek Island in the middle of summer? I bet you've got it in our suitcase."

"You never know. It might be cloudy like in Malaga.."

"I thought you pack for every eventuality."

"Well someone here told me to pack light." I rolled my eyes. She still didn't pack light though. "We've got time to kill, anyway." She dragged me round shop after shop. Then we went to have something to eat and the lady there was honestly so strange. She didn't blink once the entire time Dianne and I were there. We walked around a little more and then Dianne just stopped dead in her tracks. "Kinder store!" Again, she dragged me there.

"I've not seen so much chocolate in a long time. Not even your sweetie cupboard." Meanwhile, Dianne was zooming around one end of the shop to another. I caught her mid-zoom and wrapped my arms around her middle. "You're like a kid in a sweet shop."

She nodded excitedly. "Literally." She tried to wriggle out of my embrace but I lowered my arms slightly. She sighed in defeat. "Fine... Hey, I've got an idea. You haven't really vlogged much in here. Why don't you vlog us acting like kids?"

I shrugged. "Why not?"

"Ooh, a minion!" I shook with silent laughter as Dianne crouched behind a spaceship pretending to be Stacey Dooley acting as a minion.

"It's a spaceship, you wally. Not a minion."

I groaned to myself, wondering what on earth our children will be like. If any of them take after Dianne and Andrew, I know we'd have our work cut out for us. We might have to invest in either dance or some sport, to wear off all that energy.

I was less active than Dianne as a child. I mean, I was outdoors most of the day, but from what Mark and Rina (Eyyy, Macarena!) had said, I had nowhere near as much energy as those two did, or perhaps still do. I think we'd have to get one of those child harnesses for a shop like this to stop them from trashing everything in it.

"I actually can't take her anywhere," I said to the camera, walking away from her. Every now and then I looked behind me to make sure I'm not losing her. The airport wasn't busy, but still.

"Come on, you're causing a scene. Stop it."

"Don't run away from me."

"Don't be so childish."

I turned the camera off and after taking hold of her hand, I placed a soft kiss on her knuckles. "You looked really deep in thought a moment ago. What we you thinking about?" Dianne asked.

"Yeah... you're honestly so hyper, literally like a kid in a sweet shop, that I wondered what our kids would be like. Would they be like little bundles of energy? Would we need to get those child harnesses, those ones I call 'kiddy leads' for places like this. Or will they be less hyperactive than you?" I paused for a second. "I wonder what they'll look like. Our natural hair colour is pretty similar, so I guess... well, I used to be a chubby blond baby. So maybe one might be blond. And sometimes they take after their aunts and uncles."

I stopped talking when Dianne suddenly laughed. "I love how casually you're talking about us having kids together." Immediately I became insecure.

"You do want to have kids with me, don't you?" She kissed me softly on the lips.

"Yes. Definitely." She looked at me in concern. It seemed like she could see my insecurities. "Why would you think otherwise?" she asked genuinely.

I shrugged. "It just seemed like you didn't." She could hear the vulnerability in my voice.

"Well I do. I mean you're gorgeous." She gave me a kiss on the cheek the same time I snorted. "You are. Your eyes are so fascinating. They shift colour depending on what you're wearing and how you're feeling. Imagine our Amelia with your eyes." She gave me a kiss on the forehead (fivehead). "Your neck! Don't get me started on your beautiful neck. Just imagine our Neil Sugg with that long ballroom neck. Neil Jones would be so proud of him." She kissed me on my neck. Just briefly. "Have I convinced you I want your children?"

I nodded. "Thoroughly. You want our daughter to be called Amelia? Not some random dude from Australia?" She laughed.

"No. Definitely ours. It's just a matter of timing. Now wouldn't be very convenient, obviously. I've got Strictly to think about and I'd like to see that series though. But definitely sometime in the future."

"Good. Because whenever I think about the future, I always imagine you in it." I smiled at her. Not a wide smile, but one only she'd be able to see. "I love you so much."

"And I love you too," she said with a matching smile on her face. "This talk got a bit too grown up for my taste. Let's go back to that store and see what else we can find to do."

I saw a spaceman close to the minion spaceship and gave Dianne my camera. She vlogged me behind that. My cap kept annoying me, so I turned it round.

"It's Buzz Lightyear!"

I laughed again and said, "No it's not. It's just a spaceman, just like that is a spaceship." She called out to me as I stood behind the spaceman.

"Where art thy, Joe?" Wherefore art thou, Joe.

She carried on for a little while longer, then I walked towards her, turning my cap the right way round thinking, This has been so much fun.

"Stop being so childish," Dianne said in retaliation to my remark.

I looked directly into my camera and in a decidedly childish manner, "No!"