A Perfect Storm (Samba week No. 3)

A/N - A massive thank you to hd1606 for agreeing to be my beta/proofreader/people checker. I'd love to know which bits are your favourites. I know which one's mine! Well, enjoy.

As I travelled to the gym where Dianne and I were training in, I kept reading the text I woke up to from Dianne:

thanks for the food not sure it rly worked but thanks. (03:32)

couldn't say it out loud ln but i said i love you to. (03:35)

c u later <3 (03:36)

That gave me hope. Determination filled me. I don't care what kind of reaction she gives me, I'm going to kiss the living daylights out of her.

I walked into the room and, spotting her, walked to her as if on a mission. I don't know what kind of expression either of us had on our faces, but I pulled her towards me, bringing her flush against my body and snaked one of my arms around her middle. With my other arm I held her head and finally I kissed her. It wasn't harsh, as if I were forcing this on her, but it was tender and loving. It spoke of longing. It spoke of lost time. I was almost coming to when I felt her respond, her tongue asking permission. I lost it again. I smiled against her kisses.

"Are you going to sue me for assault?" I asked her with probably a goofy grin on my face, eyes still shut. All I felt was her hands on my lower back (arse) and her lips on mine.

"I'm sorry for hurting you so much yesterday." I couldn't say 'that's OK' because it certainly wasn't. So I took her by the hand and we sat on the sofa in the other room.

"I'm not completely guiltless. I'm sorry too. But please tell me you've slept." She cried again and I shuffled close to her. This time, she rested her head on my shoulder. See, I was good at this. It was actually a while before Dianne could collect herself enough to start training but in the end I said, "We've got to practise our samba. What have you chopped?" We trained all day, only taking a few moments to eat and clean me up. I had far fewer nosebleeds today than I had yesterday, and I was definitely not complaining.

~—~

"YES!" I went up to Dianne and spun her round, celebrating our first complete run through of our new samba. She didn't look completely happy, but I didn't care. "We did it! Thank you so much. I'm so happy." Dianne pulled me in for a kiss. "Not now." I said. I could see the disappointment come over her, but I glanced over to the guy in the corner. "I do love you though," I whispered. "Always know that." She nodded.

"I love you too."

"Right! Let's make sure that wasn't a fluke."

At the end of the day I asked the question that had been going through my mind... "Can I, I mean could I, would you let me come back to yours?" I couldn't make out if that request was welcome so I explained flustered, "I was just thinking it might help you fall asleep, you know, if I'm there. I don't know. I mean, I won't do anything" If you don't want me to "You just might fee—" she put her finger on my mouth.

"Maybe. I mean. It might work I might fall asleep. Yes come on let's yes let's go."

We got to the front door of Dianne and Johannes' flat and I stood waiting for Dianne to find her keys in her ginourmous handbag. I shook my head and knocked on the door. Please, Johannes, be in. Mid-sentence, he opened it.

"Found it! Oh, hi Jo."

"You know, it would be easier to find if you put it in a specific compartment."

"I do. In this one." She pointed to the large compartment.

"How about putting it in that one?" I pointed to the zipped one.