Spill the Beans

"Hello, boyfriend," I said softly, looking at his lips.

"Hello, m'love." He shifted himself on the sofa to face me better.

"That was so naughty of us to lie to everyone like that," I said giggling. "Great idea though."

"I don't care. At least we've got the press off our back." I softly trailed my hands along his neck then rested them on his face and placed a soft, lingering kiss on his lips. That turned into another one, and another one and... I lost count.

"I love you," he whispered again. The first time he said it was when we were training for our foxtrot and I was not expecting it at all. I only just managed to keep my mouth shut, rather than copy that jaw drop emoji and I actually got quite emotional. He'd already started meaning so much to me and to find out he felt the same way just... yeah.

Even though it was a good idea to get the press off our backs, I really wanted to let everyone know. Especially those closest to us.

"Earth to Dianne..." I come back to Earth. I blinked at him and smiled. "What you thinking about? Don't want anything dangerous to happen!" He laughed in his usual way, and I laughed in response. "Anyway, wassup?"

"It's just... I know you wanted the press to get off our backs, but... do you think we should tell our friends and family?"

"I was thinking that too. Do you want to?"

"Yeah. I mean, they're going to know straight away when we put up our next reaction video."

"And our body language gives us away too." We laughed and made out awhile longer. "Who first?"

"How about the parents? Not my parents. They're probably still asleep. Gray ham?"

"Shall we see if he's awake?" I nodded and he texted his dad. A few seconds later Joe's phone rang. He put it on speaker phone.

"I am now," Graham's voice was groggy. "What have you done now?" I held in my laughter.

"Nothing! Why would you accuse me of that?!" There were multiple swear words and something about a prank. Joe laughed though and said, "You've gotta admit that was a pretty good prank though." I quietly agreed, remembering the one he was talking about.

"Well? What have you called me for?"

He took a deep breath and I gave him a reassuring smile. "I'd like to introduce you to someone. Let me turn the video on."

"WAIT!" Joe waiting. Then Graham come into view. "I already know Dianne."

We gave each other a fond look and Joe said, "Dad. Meet my girlfriend." He started cackling.

"You're punching above your weight, aren't you?" He cackled some more.

"My friends might argue I'm punching above my weight, Gray Ham."

"No way," both Joe and Graham said at the same time.

"So who else have you told? Am I the last?"

"Actually," I interrupted. "You're the first."

"Whose idea was that?"

I laughed and said, "Mine actually."

"What a surprise. It wasn't my son's idea. It was his girlfriend's."

"Hey! Do I get to say anything in this conversation?" Graham and I say no at the same time.

Then we phoned Tracey but before we did Joe had the idea of pranking her. "Really? You love your mum though. Have you pranked your mum before?"