[ Chapter Two ]

chapter 2

Friend or Foe✧∞༺♥༻∞✧

Friend or Foe
༺♥༻

When Elizah returned to the mansion, she was surprised to find him sitting at the dinner table eating and conversing with no one other than Elijah.

"Ah, sister. Come and join us", Klaus beckoned her over. "I was just catching up with Elijah."

"You can never stay away for too long", the younger twin said excitedly as she walked down the small steps into the dining room. Elijah immediately stood and wrapped her in a warm embrace which she missed dearly.

"It's been so long", she mumbled into his suit jacket. When the twins broke away from each other, they looked to Klaus who wore an unreadable expression. Elizah knew how envious of their relationship Klaus could be. No matter how many times they told him that it was nothing personal, Klaus' feelings were almost always crushed.

»»««

"You sent her to school?" Elijah asked in disbelief as he pulled out a chair for her, Elizah having revealed what they'd been been up to lately. "Clearly you don't know Elizah", he continued as she sat down.

Klaus chuckled, already beginning to tell the story of how that came to be. Elijah sat and listened, unimpressed with Klaus' antics but still willing to provide help as always.

Klaus looked at Elizah with knowing eyes. "Well", he said sliding his chair out and standing to his feet. "I think I'll be heading off to bed while you two discuss matters."

Elizah watched him leave, figuring that he wanted her to convince their brother to get on board with their latest plan. Elijah would actually listen to her and Klaus knew that.

"I suppose Klaus has forced you onto this highly insane and might I add vacuous... adventure", Elijah spoke sarcastically.

The other twin shrugged as she reached for the bottle of bourbon sat in the middle of the table. It wasn't particularly her taste but it was the strongest thing near.

"I wasn't necessarily a willing participant at first but–he's helpless", she said sadly as she poured a large amount of the alcohol into her glass. "That curse was made to hold him back. All because of the mistakes that wench–"

Before she could go any further, Elijah sent his sister a very stern and surprised look. This made her bite her tongue. Elizah loved her mother and she knew that their father was a force, but Elizah didn't agree with Esther's way of handling the situation. Punishing Niklaus for something that he had nothing to do with, Elizah found it unforgivable, especially when Mikael was the reason Klaus had become the monster he was.