[ Chapter Thirteen ]

chapter 13

New Beginnings ✧∞༺♥༻∞✧

New Beginnings
༺♥༻

A heart constricts as two lungs expand, taking
in slightly breathable air. There's a buzzing in her brain as an unfamiliar bitter taste is left on her tongue, mouth drying up faster by the second. Vivid memories of her life came flashing back, a sequence of the most recent events being added. Pale lids finally open and hazel eyes meet a rusting ceiling.

Elizah's throat bobbed as she tried to clear the dryness away, it only coming out as a struggled groan. She didn't get a chance to judge her surroundings because the door swung open, light slowly illuminating the dimly lit room. Her brow dropped when her vision cleared, witnessing Stefan walk in.

   "What happened? Where am I?" She demanded as best as she could. It was evident, if not in her voice then in her features that she was extremely weak and dangerously hungry. "Where are my brothers?"

Stefan shrugged as he sat down in a chair that had been hidden in the dark corner of the room. "I can answer two of those questions." He said. "You're in my cellar. You were staked. After Elijah betrayed us and took off with Klaus, we weren't sure if we could trust you. This is the best solution we could up with for the time being. It's nothing personal."

Elizah narrowed her eyes, her memory slowly trying to come back to her. But she didn't trust Stefan or his words. Elijah wouldn't just leave her to the wolves. Klaus on the other hand, he was a different story. A different brother.

Elizah tried to sit up and get a better look at Stefan but she barely budged. Confusedly, Elizah's eyes travelled down to her legs which were as stiff as the rest of her body, minus her eyes and mouth. "Why can't I move?"

Stefan sighed and stood to his feet again, crossing his arms as he slowly paced the area. "After Damon staked you, Bonnie performed a desiccation spell. You're too weak to do anything. I'm surprised you can even utter more than two sentences."

   "We all had one main goal in mind, Stefan. I wanted to see Elena live and my brother, Niklaus, die. Have I not–", Elizah started to croak out but she quickly stopped herself and took in a breath, trying to help her breathing catch up with her heart.

   "Well, one of those goals were achieved." Stefan informed her as he studied the effects that the spell were having on her. "Elena's fine. Bur Klaus isn't dead. Obviously."

The twin Mikaelson closed her eyes and sighed. It was a relief hearing that Elena was well. She'd worked so hard to see to that she would survive her brother and she was mostly proud of herself for working with the kind of people who would throw her in a cellar without second thought.