[ Chapter Sixteen ]

chapter 16

The Birthday ✧∞༺♥༻∞✧

The Birthday
༺♥༻

Elizah hated parties. Ever since Henrik's death she didn't think there was anything else in life to celebrate. Not even her own birthday. Her parents didn't mind it, neither did her siblings– minus Rebekah. She's always had a knack for party planning, and she even promised to plan Elizah's wedding one day. Elizah hated to let her down but there was nothing more in life that she hated than attending a party.

But this was a new day, a new era. And Elena Gilbert deserved the party of a lifetime.

She suddenly caught a whiff of a sweet aroma mixed with a bit of desperation, immediately reaching out to take the person's arm. "Hey, blondie."

Caroline pulled away with knitted eyebrows. "Please don't ever touch me."

"That won't ever be a problem." Elizah shot back. She rolled her eyes before continuing, "I need you to do something for me."

She crossed her arms.

   "Tell Elena to meet me upstairs."

Caroline snorted. "Why would I do that?"

Elizah closed her eyes and tried to keep her patience thick When she opened her eyes, she smiled as politely as she could.

"Because. I have a gift for her."

Caroline hummed in thought. "Nothing that'll like, kill her. Right? Because the last time I checked, that's exactly what Klaus, your brother was trying to do. You're lucky I even extended this invitation to you. But she seems to enjoy having you around for whatever reason."

"No! You're lucky I don't–you know what? Forget it." Elizah needed to remind herself where they were and who's friend she was speaking to. It's not like Caroline made any effort to be civil with her, so why should she have to? Right, because it's what Elena would want and maybe even Bonnie would appreciate her attempt at being friendly with Caroline.

"There she is." Elizah said, eyes moving past the blonde and settling on Elena. Her arm was locked in Damon's as they stood at the head of the party. She walked around Caroline who followed close behind her.

Elena's stroll around the party with Damon was put on pause when Elizah made her presence known.

"Elena." She called out as she and Caroline stood in front of the pair.

"Ah, ah." Damon held his finger out to silence the brunette. "We're in the middle of a conversation here."

"Damon, it's okay." Elena assured him. She excused herself and Elizah held out her hand for Elena to take only to be slightly bumped aside.