[ Chapter Fifteen ]

chapter 15

That Night ✧∞༺♥༻∞✧

That Night
༺♥༻

"So what do you want to do today?" Elena asked plopping down next to Elizah who comfortably lounged on her bed. She flipped through a sports magazine as they sat in the doppelgänger's room which Elizah camped out in for nearly half of the break. The summer was a drag. Realistically, it had come and gone in the blink of an eye, but Elizah

didn't have any of her own friends. All of Elizah's family was M.I.A and Bonnie, well she hadn't spoken to Bonnie since their last night at the bar. There was no doubt in her mind that Jeremy talked to her every day.

Elena took it upon herself to text Elizah at the start of the summer and invite her out whenever she was thinking of her. Elizah wasn't going to reject the girl's effort, especially because she was probably just trying to keep her mind off of Stefan who Klaus had practically kidnapped. Elizah knew that the trail of bodies that were reported each week were Klaus' doing. Stefan was only a pawn.

   "Well, we haven't gone to Alaska." Elizah pointed out sarcastically. She wore an amused smile as she closed the magazine.

"It's the only thing that isn't scratched out on my bucket list." Elena chuckled before looking away in thought. There was a beat of silence followed by a sigh. "I think I'm gonna go to Damon's. To see if he has any leads on Stefan."

The only response from Elizah was a small hum causing the doppelgänger to squint her eyes suspiciously. "What?" She asked.

Elizah shrugged. She didn't want to say it but she knew it needed to be heard, especially by Elena. "Stefan does not want to be found. If he did, then this wouldn't be so hard."

"Klaus doesn't want Stefan to be found." Elena corrected bitterly. She stood up from the bed and placed her hands on her hips, pacing the area.

Elizah understood her frustration but she knew how unhealthy depending on Stefan's return could be. She would eventually just drive herself mad. She'd been there numerous times and she didn't want Elena or anyone she cared about to suffer the same as her.

"If Damon finds anything, I am sure you are the first person he will call." Elizah knew Damon wasn't going to make the call anytime soon. She'd been helping him– along with Alaric– with the half leads he'd come across. But that's all they were, half leads. Damon wasn't particularly excited about their newfound squad but Elizah knew Klaus the best. If anyone could lead them to his whereabouts, it was her. However, lately they'd all come up empty.

Elena shook her head. "No. He thinks I'm obsessing. A-and maybe I am. Or maybe I just miss Stefan. He's my boyfriend. How would you feel if you haven't heard from someone you cared about in months?"