Chapter 8

Draco and Hermione slipped into the Room of Requirement after they came back. Inside had changed into a cosy little room with couches and a fireplace. They flopped on the couch, laughing and chatting.

"Thanks for taking me to lunch, Draco. You really made me feel better."

"No problem. But it was really unfortunate that we bumped into Ron," replied Draco.

"It's not your fault. I guess I'm already over him. But you told him off quite well!" Hermione started giggling again.

Draco laughed along. "I know! Did you see his face? It was like..." Draco made an impression of Ron's face, making Hermione laugh again.

She actually looks pretty cute when she laughs, thought Draco. Hermione noticed him staring and stopped laughing. "What?"

"Nothing. It's just that you look really cute when you laugh." Hermione blushed. Draco's face flushed too and they were silent for a moment.

Should I ask her out? Draco wondered. No! She probably still has feelings for Ron. But I like her so much! But she might not want to move on so quickly.

Hermione saw him struggling silently. She stared at him. "What's wrong?"

"What? Oh, nothing." Draco shook his head. He took a deep breath. "Oh yeah, uh, Hermione can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Will you, um, you know. Go out? With... Me?" He mumbled.

Hermione blushed again. She bit her lip. Should she? She wasn't really quite sure if she was ready to move on or not. But when she looked back at Draco, she noticed his eyes were a mesmerising greenish grey colour, his hair ashy blonde...

She liked Draco. She did. She'd never realised it, but she did.

"Your lip will bleed soon," said Draco gently. Hermione went red again and stopped biting her lip.

"You don't have to, I mean. You still have feelings for Ron, I know, I wouldn't--" Draco started. "Let me stop you there, Draco." Hermione took a deep breath. "Yes, I'll go out with you.

"I don't want to force you, Hermione, if you don't want to then--"

"No, Draco. I want to go out with you." Hermione answered. She leaned in, and pressed her lips against Draco's. Draco looked shocked for a moment, and then smiled.