Chapter 12

"I think I saw Ron go into the Gryffindor common room." Whispered Hermione as she and Draco paced slowly up the stairs, the Invisibility Cloak draped over their shoulders. They had borrowed the cloak from Harry.

Draco nodded and they moved silently towards the common room.

Ron sat in front of the fireplace, unaware of the two students slowly creeping up behind him. He had a smirk on his face. "Finally. Hermione will be mine! I'm such a wonderful genius. I wonder where that little beauty is, crying her eyes out because of that guy. I don't care about him." He laughed again.

Hermione and Draco were furious. So it was Ron. Thinking quick, Hermione pulled Draco with her to in front of Ron.

Ron stretched, muttered "I'd better go get some--" and stood up just as Hermione pulled the cloak off to her kissing Draco. Ron screamed. They turned their heads angrily.

"Hermione! What... I thought... You and... broke up..." Ron stammered, his face pale. Hermione sneered. "Thought you'd break us apart that easily, huh? Well no! I can't believe you'd do this, Ronald. You dirty, lying, cheating bastard!"

"That's what you called me." Whispered Draco. "Shut up."

Ron tried to look innocent. "What? I don't... I don't know what you're talking about."

Hermione snorted. "Oh of course you don't. You tried to break me and Draco up by pretending to be him and kissing Pansy!"

"How'd you find out?"

"Well, next time you really shouldn't broadcast out your evil plans so loudly towards a fireplace," said Draco, laughing at Ron's expression.

Ron kept silent. Then, he said, "Ok, Hermione. I did it. I'm really sorry, would you forgive me?"

"Whatever." Hermione pulled Draco out of the common room.