Chapter 11

"Get away from me, you dirty, lying, cheating bastard!" Sobbed Hermione. "Hermione, what did I do?"

"Don't act all innocent, Malfoy! I saw you kissing that leech Pansy in Charms. I can't believe I trusted you!"

"Pansy? Me, kissing her? Hermione, you must have looked wrong."

"I swear I didn't! I waved at you, and you just kissed her in front of my face! And now you're lying to me! Just leave me alone!"

"Hermione, are you crazy? I'm not even in your class!"

"What?" Hermione stopped crying.

"Hermione, I'm not in your Charms class!" Draco sighed. Hermione blinked, confused. "Oh yeah. But I... I saw you, right in front of me... Just standing there. Are you sure?"

"Of course, Hermione. If you don't trust me, ask anyone who is in Potions with me."

"Then who was that? I mean... It was you, it looked exactly like you." Hermione muttered, wondering.

"Maybe someone was faking my identity," said Draco thoughtfully. "Yeah... Someone must have been using Polyjuice potion!" Hermione cried.

"Yes!" Draco agreed. "But who? Who would've wanted to get between you and me?" They sat for a while, deep in thought.

Then Draco got it. "Ron."

"What?"

"Ron Weasley. Maybe he was trying to get us to break up!" Draco protested. "Think, Hermione. He was the only one who didn't like us with each other."

"Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing him in class," agreed Hermione. "I can't believe he'd do something so low-down!"

"We're still not sure. We need more proof." Said Draco grimly. "Follow me."