one

𝐶 𝐻 𝐴 𝑃 𝑇 𝐸 𝑅
𝑂 𝑁 𝐸

"𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑚 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒 𝑞𝑢𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠"

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

STANDING ON PLATFORM 9 3/4, Esme Croft and her older brother, Axel, waited with their luggage, for the train to arrive at Kings Cross station. As the two siblings would be starting their first years at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, with Axel being a sixth year, and Esme being in her fifth, the two stood awkwardly together watching at the families and kids say their goodbyes and friends saying their hello's to each other after the summer break.

"That could of been me, if Dad didn't insist we move here." Esme thought to herself.

Earlier in the summer, the Croft family had spontaneously moved from their Malibu, California beach house, to a dreary, cloud covered townhouse in London. What for? Esme had no clue. Her Dad, Thomas, had come home one day after work, saying that the family was moving to London. And two days later, Esme had been unpacking her things in her new bedroom.

And that's what confused Esme the most. Her father had worked for the Magical Congress Of The United States, being the Head of Department of Magical Law Enforcement. He was both admired and hated by many people. Then dropped it all, to move to a foreign country halfway across the world? It made no sense to the girl.

And he couldn't even be there to send them off for their first day going to Hogwarts.

"How long do we have to wait for?" Axel asked his little sister. Glancing down at her.

"Until eleven" she stated, looking out over the crowd. The boy groaned as he checked his watch. 10:42.

"Another five minutes of this, and I'm going to put myself out of my misery." He groaned again.

"Well you're chipper this morning." She thought.

Esme didn't answer the older boy with her snarky comment, as she was deep in thought looking at a large family of red-heads that came barreling past the two Croft's.

She could hear the mother, or what Esme assumed was the mother, yelling at a young boy who looked about her age, and looked like he would rather be anywhere else at that moment.

"Strong gene pool in that family." Esme thought to herself.

She turned towards her brother. "If that's what all British families look like, I'm happy I'm an American."

"Esie, quiet down. People can here you, and that was rude to say." Axel reprimanded his, younger, spirited sister.

"Oh, you were thinking the same thing. I just said it out loud." Esme snarked back.

Axel have her a glare that said "Maybe I was, but I'd never admit to it". Which made her smirk up at him.

Looking down at her watch, Esme read 10:56 as she heard the whistle from the train that was approaching.

"Let's go. Get an early start on finding a compartment."

Esme picked up her luggage, as the train came to a stop, and started pushing past the crowds, not waiting for her brother, as people that began to converge around her.

And just as she was about to reach the trains door, Esme was knocked down by a hard force, dropping her luggage to the ground with her.

Whoa.

With the wind knocked out of her, and her bum now a bit bruised, Esme slowly looked up to see a boy, with what she thought a dark mess of hair (She was still a bit dizzy from her fall) and large, round glasses on his face. He seemed to be around the age as the girl. Maybe a year older? Or in her year? She couldn't tell.

"Here, let me help you up." The dark haired boy held out his hand to her.

Taking his hand and standing up, Esme now stood a few inches below the boy, instead of him towering over her. She looked into his face an saw that he was quite cute. In that nerdy/awkward kind of way.

Esme looked away, with a blush starting to form, before she stared to much. "I'm so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going and I was tying to get a compartment before anyone else did an—" She cut off before she babbled on to much. "I'm sorry." She sighed, ending her rant.

"It's quite alright. I wasn't watching where I was going either." The boy slightly smiled. Which Esme returned shyly back, looking at the boys deep green eyes. Glancing away quickly, that's when Esme noticed that behind the boy was two other people. A girl with bushy, brown hair, and a boy Esme recognized as the red-headed boy that was getting yelled at by his mother earlier.

"Well, I'm sorry for running you over, but I should be getting back to my brother." Esme awkwardly said, backing away from the trio. "Sorry, again! It was nice to meet you!" She finished hurriedly heading onto the train.

How embarrassing. Nice to meet you? Esme didn't even know the trios names yet.

Esme almost died right there in the corridor, but the Croft girl kept on trudging through the train, looking for her brother.

After a half an hour of trying (and failing) to find her brother, Esme was about to give up finding him, when she saw two people in a compartment talking. Looking closely, she saw that it was indeed her brother, Axel, and a girl with dark skin and very curly, dark brown hair.

Opening the compartments door, Esme said. "There you are! I've been looking all over this damn train for you!"

She looked at her brother. Then over to the girl who was looking mildly amused at the younger girl. "Oh! I'm sorry. How rude of me, I'm Esme. Axel's little sister." She stuck out her hand for the girl to shake.

"Florence Kinley. But most people call me Flo" The girl said, shaking Esme's hand gently. "Axel here tells me, you two are new here. From America right?" She says looking at Axel for conformation.

Esme took a seat beside her brother and nodded her head. "Yes, we are. Just moved here from California actually."

"Ah. That explains your accents then." Flo giggles.

The two Croft siblings give each other a look. "Accents?" Axel says for the first time since Esme stepped in the compartment.

"Yeah, your American accents. They're quite cool if you ask me." Flo says with a shrug, standing up from her seat. "We should probably go put our robes on, we're nearly to the school." And at that, the two Croft's started their school year.

𝐴 𝑈 𝑇 𝐻 𝑂 𝑅 𝑆 𝑁 𝑂 𝑇 𝐸

━━━━*.·:·.✧    ✦    ✧.·:·.*━━━━

So, I'm going to point out that this book will be running by the movies. Not the books (Since I don't have them at my disposal sadly) but was it too early to bring Harry into the story? Probably. But oh well. Also, chapter two is currently being written so...plan on an update soon.