four

𝐶 𝐻 𝐴 𝑃  𝑇 𝐸 𝑅
𝐹 𝑂 𝑈 𝑅

"𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 101"

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

𝐄𝐒𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆, she was going crazy.

She'd figured this out after seeing a floating ghost fly right through her on her way to the dorms with the twins and Lee after the feast, and according to them, ghosts roamed the castle freely, one being Peeves the Poltergeist she'd had her run into, or rather he ran through her.

Peeves, as they called him, nearly gave her a heart attack after he'd gone through her. Laughing at the look on her face, the twins had explained after they gotten to the common room in the Gryffindor house that Peeves was notorious for bothering the residents in the castle.

Esme had made a mental note to stay out of his way.

That night as she was sitting inside her new dorm, Esme was gathering all her supplies for the next day of classes when a familiar girl with wild, bushy hair approached her.

"You're the new girl right? From America?" She said, sticking out her hand."I'm Hermione Granger."

"Um, yeah. I'm Esme." She looked up from her stuff to look at the girl. "Oh! I remember you! I ran into your friend, back at the train station!" She blushed.

"Oh, yes! Harry was quite frazzled about that." Hermione explained. "But that's not what I came over to say. I wanted to welcome you into Gryffindor, but seeing as you sat by Fred and George, I'm guessing you already got that."

Esme smiles at the two aforementioned boys. "Yeah, they're quite the bunch aren't they." She trailed off. "Anyways, I'm hoping your friend doesn't get any hard feelings. I was in such a rush and I didn't mean to brush him off."

Hermione smiled. "It's alright. Harry won't take to hard, he's just got a lot on his plate right now."

Esme was beginning to like this girl. Before she came Hogwarts, her last dorm mates had always been a bit rude, especially with the stereotypical American ways, the girls were always judge mental on one thing that was out of place, if your shoes weren't the ones everyone was wearing or if your hair was styled a bit to differently then the others, Esme was hoping Hogwarts wasn't like that, and Hermione was proving that it was quite different from Ilvermorny.

"Thank goodness." She sighed in relief. "I was hoping to find him sometime and apologize better."

"I'm sure you'll find the time." Hermione said, looking at the watch on her wrist. "Well, I best be off, it's time for bed. And I hope to see you tomorrow Esme, it was nice to meet you!"