five

𝐶 𝐻 𝐴 𝑃  𝑇 𝐸 𝑅
𝐹 𝐼 𝑉 𝐸

"toad face umbridge"

╚═══*.·:·.✧    ✦    ✧.·:·.*═══╝

HERMIONE HAD BEEN RIGHT, the boys were absolutely dreadful at potions. Ron had somehow managed to mess up the simplest of potions, earning a detention from Professor Snape.

Although Esme had to admit, potions wasn't as bad as the two made it to be. She had somehow managed her first class without it blowing up in her face. Though, Hermione had helped the two out by doing most of the work when Esme had admitted she was horrible at potions.

Now, the four of them had began heading to their next —and last, class of the day. Defense Against the Dark Arts.

When Dumbledore had made the First Day feast the previous night, Esme was astonished when she'd found out that the obnoxiously pink lady sitting at the professors table was to be her DADA teacher. Not only had the toad face interrupt the Headmaster's speech, but she had talked to the student body as if they were toddlers first learning the alphabet.

As Esme and the trio settled down in their seats, Hermione opting to sit by her again, Esme couldn't help but notice a piece of paper in the shape of a bird flying around the room. Which was quickly burnt to a crisp when Esme noticed a bright frill of pink enter the room.

"Good morning children." The monstrosity uttered in her nasally voice, walking further into the room. "Ordinary. Wizarding. Level. Examinations. More commonly known as OWLS."

Esme was starting to get a headache from the woman already.

The woman continued to talk but Esme had already zoned out. Defense of the Dark Arts was one of her top classes, so she wasn't to worried about the basics the woman was sprouting.

It wasn't until Hermione raised her hand that she started to pay attention. "There's nothing in here about using spells?"

"Using spells? Well I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom." Umbridge said in that to-sweet-of voice.

"We're not gonna use magic?" Ron asked from over where he sat with Harry.

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk free way."

"What use is that? If we're attacked, it won't be risk free." Harry blurted. Esme had to agree with the boy. What Umbridge was saying was utter bull.