Prologue

Joey was not a happy man, nor a sane one.

He worked with fellow scientists; both in training, and of various degrees. The man dreamed big, and you have heard from Henry personally that this is one of the many reasons why he got fired. He did not just dream big, but he expected others to carry out all the work for him, and he never seemed to learn. He always took, but never gave.

According to Henry, Joey always had a curiosity for science and a love for discovering things. Joey had always dreamt of doing something big and becoming famous for it. However, he went the wrong way about achieving that dream. He manipulated others, took credit of others' work, and his promises were almost always broken. Liar was an understatement when describing him. He did not work well with others but pulled strings to get others to work well for him.

You felt a little for him though. The man had his hardships, had all these ideas, but was not able to bring them into fruition. That is the only thing that justifies feeling bad for him in the slightest. You still despised him while Henry felt a little too bad for him, saying he was misguided. He was no idiot, though. Quite the contrary - he was a genius, in his own right - however, he was very impatient, lacked empathy, and made a lot of poor decisions.

You never knew what Henry saw in him.

You left the studio after one too many pipe bursts, one too many promises broken, one too many outbursts from him, one too many late-night arguments over the deadlines with him, and one too many lies. You felt unsafe around him.

He manipulated vulnerable people, like Susie. He made her feel self-conscious, brought her hopes up, only to crush her and contort her into the way he wanted her to be. He was sick, and you hated him for what he had done to your co-worker. She used to be such a sweet gal, yet so strong willed, until Joey broke her. She was broken along with Samuel Lawrence. Sammy was the music director, and he had quite the temper. He got a couple complaints here and there from the music crew, but he was respectable. Over time however, his composure crumbed slowly, bit by bit.

Every time you looked into his eyes they just got deader and deader, like a fish. He yelled more frequently, got easily pissed, and he stressed out to the point of exhaustion. He especially was stressed when deadlines were coming up. Dark, oily skin bags grew in two circles under his dull eyes. You felt bad for the poor musician, despite being annoyed with how often he got visibly irritated at people. You were shocked to see such a capable man spiral down so deep. You wouldn't know about the others, though. You never were the type to meet and greet people just because they worked under the same authority figure as you.

When Henry of all people quit, you knew that you could not stay any longer. You really quit. For almost ten years, you remained absent from the decaying studio. The last you heard of Joey, he was rambling about how he was onto something. That he was going to change the world with his discovery. You had no clue what this "discovery" was, but you are pretty sure he was just full of shit.

And yet... you came back anyway.

It was after you had received a letter from Joey.

"Dear ____,

So much has happened since you quit the studio nearly two decades ago! You remember your little devil darling, right? Little ol' Bendy? I can only hope you received this letter, and aren't too far to stop by for a visit. Hop by the studio, I have something to show you - a surprise waiting for you.

Your former boss, Joey Drew"

You really did not have a good feeling about this "surprise." However, curiosity kills the cat. It sure killed you.

Now here you stand, in front of the old, abandoned studio you left behind out of fear so long ago. It is raining, and you are soaking wet, but you do not care. You just so happen to be in town, luckily for Mr. Drew.