Chapter 6

A thoughtful expression presented itself on my face. It seems that me coming back in time had caused bigger ripples. I continued listening to the conversation. "~I feel my sanity coming back. I don't feel as mad as I used to be. I should hurry and get my body back. Being in Quirrel's body is doing worse damage to my mind.~". 

"~Indeed, Child,~" hissed Nagini. 

"~I now realize the problems with using Horcruxes. I feel it is high time to merge with a few of them. I will be saner then,~" he said.

"~Well said,~" I cut in, popping from behind the tree. Voldemort spun around, wand in hand while snarling, "~Potter,~"

"~Wow, calm down! I'm on your side. An enemy of an enemy is a friend,~" I raised my hand with a slightly amused smile. With a swift movement and a jerk from Tom, I pulled my wand out and placed it on the rock in front of him. I stepped back, all the while with a wand trained on me. 

He looked at the wand on the rock, and then back at me, assessing. I cocked my head at him and then decided to take this a step forward. I released my aura over the area, and it began to wrap around the man before me, caressing him. He gasped in shock and his wand slipped from his hand.

"~You're here,~" he whispered, voice breaking. I nodded, and then properly looked at the man. It was strange, truly. If I didn't notice the magical signature and the pull from my instincts, I would have thought that he was Quirel, but the voice coming from him was Voldemorts. 

"~Come, Tom,~" I said, "~It's a shame that you are living in such a pathetic body,~"

A ghost lifted up from the man, and slowly floated over to me. I felt the breach in my mind, but my body didn't reject it at all, that wouldn't be possible. With a flick of my wrist, Quirell was petrified and tied down to the tree stump. I then crouched down and extended my hand, "~Come Nagini, we should go,~" The snake slithered up my arm, and over my shoulders. I shifted her a bit to even out the weight and then picked up my wand. I cast a spell and sighed in relief when the weight on my shoulders reduced. 

'Could you bring in the other soul pieces as well? If we are in your mind or near your magic we will fuse. Especially with your power,' Echoed Tom's voice in my head and I nodded. I closed my eyes trying to sense the pull from the other soul shards.

I lifted Nagini's head to meet my eyes and performed Legilimency. The would shard was drawn to my magic and I pulled it out and into my own mind. 'Two down, five more to go,'. With the pull and information from Tom, I apparated.

15 minutes and pulling later, I collected all but one soul shard. The last one was for safekeeping. It was the locket of Slytherin that would remain as the last Horcrux. With Tom in my head, I pulled out my dagger. I sliced open my finger, wincing at the pain. I began to draw a formation on a tree stump and the chanted. 

"Oh great king of the Underworld, I request your help. Accept a life as a sacrifice, and from it put together a body for my mate. I, as your servant, humbly plead you to help." With my magic, I formed a knife, and plunged it through Quirrell's body. My blood began to envelop the body on the stump and cover it with a cocoon. I then pushed Tom's soul out of my mind and towards the formation. I watched the magic as I mused, 'This last 20 minutes, Tom has behaved way better than he has in the last 75 years. I see that bringing up my inheritance was the best idea,'

Slowly, from the red, a body began to emerge and floated. I noticed that it looked exactly like what I had envisioned Tom to grow up to be, especially after watching pensive memories. He was quite a looker. I smirked. Well, this was good, he had gotten a body. An aura pulsated from him, his submission coming through magic, and as his body touched the ground, my necromancer side came out. After that is anyone's guess. 

The next morning, sun rays filtered through the canopy, quite the disturbance for us dark creatures. I grimaced and then decided to head elsewhere. Probably somewhere dark. It hit me, and then I roused Tom. He groaned, and then slightly lifted his head. He sat up and blushed at his state of undress. I waved a hand and summoned clothes on him. He winced slightly at the pain, as he stood up. "Come on pet, we're off to see the Wizard,"