Chapter 4 - Nice to Meet You, Professor.

"I refuse to believe this is our prof."

"Yeah, for real. Why does he look like he can be the same age as us?"

"Hey Ben, ten bucks says he's a part-time model."

Small gossips and whispers filled the room in the matter of seconds right after Matt's new professor made his appearance. Matt's suitemates were talking about it too, though Matt was too shocked to even hear what they were saying. He was one of the few students who were completely quiet, but Matt was different.

Those quiet students didn't say anything because they didn't really care about how their professor looked, and meanwhile, Matt didn't say anything because thousands of questions were all over the place in his mind.

Students having a crush on their teachers, or vice versa, it happened a lot in books and movies, and Matt knew that it had happened in real life multiple times as well. But what were the odds that it actually happened to him? And more than that, what are the odds that it was exactly him who was assigned to be his professor for this class, of all the professors in this entire university? Matt soon found another question in his head—was he unfortunate or lucky?

"It's a pleasure to finally meet all of you!"

That deep voice of his that Matt had come to love was heard, making all the discussions come to a stop, though there were still tiny whispers that Matt could hear nearby. He didn't really care about them, since all he was thinking about was his new professor and how to get out of this situation safely.

Trying to hide himself, he lowered his head a little so that Eve was covering him, but not too much to make Ethan notice his unusual behavior. For the whole semester last year, Matt had always been serious about studying and had a straight posture, not only to listen and see the professor better, but to also make a good impression. So seeing Matt ducking his head down would make Ethan suspicious.

But then, he didn't even know why he was trying to hide from his professor in the first place. It wasn't like his professor was going to recognize him—before today, they had only met each other once.

"My name is Ray, Ray Angevine," his professor continued. "And I'll teach you organic chemistry this year. I hope we'll get along well."

Right after that, a girl behind him whispered, "Hey, isn't Angevine a French last name?"

"Yeah." The girl sitting beside her sighed dreamily. "It just makes him ten times more attractive."

Matt inwardly sighed at their comment. Having heard the discussion of almost all the girls in the classroom, it made him a little annoyed that they were literally checking their professor out right in class, but Matt couldn't deny that he was doing the same. The comments of the girls behind him were kind of right as well.

Ray, it was undeniably a nice name.

"This is our first day, so let's get to know each other, shall we?" Professor Angevine put his hand on his chest. "So, I've been teaching for two years. That would've been three years if it hadn't been for my study abroad trip in Australia last year."

That's why I never saw him until now, Matt thought as his heart skipped a beat after hearing a chuckle from his professor. God, even his little laugh was adorable.

"And a little fun fact, I'm a former student of this very university, so seeing you all sitting here reminds me of my college days."

The whole room gasped.

"Professor! May I ask which year you graduated?" A girl sitting at the front raised her hand, and the professor in question nodded.

"Of course. I graduated in 2013."