Chapter 19 - Indescribable Emotions

It was just another typical day at Greenwood Suites, but somehow Matt could feel a strange sense of déjà vu and he didn't know why.

"We're going to Professor Angevine's class!"

Nevermind, he knew the reason now. His suitemates had been constantly messing with him ever since breakfast and teasing him with a singsong voice, which greatly reminded him of the first day of the semester. And coincidentally, the very first class they took on that day was Ray's class as well. They looked absolutely amused, which Matt wasn't really a fan of.

"If you two ever need some privacy, just let us know, okay?"

Matt just sighed and let Chloe elbow him playfully, the others laughing as they all entered the lecture hall. He still couldn't believe it was just two days ago that he told them who his new partner was. It was amazing how just a conversation could make things feel different this morning. He oddly felt more nervous than usual, maybe because his friends now knew about his new relationship with their professor. He was certain that they wouldn't think any less of him or Ray, as they had already accepted their relationship, but he couldn't help sweating a little. They might be up to some tricks for all he knew.

Ray soon arrived and the lesson started. Ethan did give him a wide grin when their professor was seen coming in through the door, but throughout the entire period, his friends did nothing out of the ordinary. They just listened attentively to the lecture and took notes like usual, acting as if they knew nothing about the thing between Matt and their professor.

Matt had been thankful of them until the lecture ended.

"Matthew, may I speak to you for a moment?"

Ray said as Matt was heading out of the room along with other students. He smiled happily and turned to his friends.

"You guys go first, I'll catch up later."

What he wasn't expecting was a mischievous grin on all of their faces. As for Eve in particular, she looked at Ray and gave him an innocent smile.

"Then we'll be going first. Have a nice day, professor."

The way she emphasized that last word really caught Ray off guard, her eyes narrowing a little in a very mischievous way. Not waiting for him to respond, they giggled and quickly walked out, leaving their professor standing there in confusion.

"Um, Matt..." he said with a little bit of nervousness in his voice. "Is it just me or was Eve hinting something just now?"

"Well, to tell you the truth…" Matt trailed off as he fiddled with his fingers, "they know we're dating now."

There was a short moment of silence after he had finished his sentence. Ray was frozen in place, looking as if a lightning had just struck him, before something snapped him out of that state. He gripped Matt's shoulders with his shaking hands.

"M-Matt, y-you're joking, right?" he stuttered, his voice quivering. "D-Don't scared me like that. You know I d-don't like it."

"Ray, relax." Matt chuckled and patted Ray's shoulders. "They took the news very well, so no need to fret."

"Took the news… well?" Ray asked in a very puzzled tone. "What do you mean?"

"It means they've accepted us as a couple, Ray." Matt smiled. "It was unexpected, really. But everything went well."

"Really?"

"Really. Can't you see that they were teasing me just now? They wouldn't have done it if they had objected to our relationship," Matt answered, looking at the direction of the doors before returning his gaze back to his boyfriend. "Besides, why would I lie to you about something so important like that?"