Chapter 5- The curse

Will walked along the wet, cobbled streets of London, widing his way through the everfamiliar path. His heart had lightened, which had meant that Jem was ok now, or as ok as he could ever be. He hoped that Tessa was with him. Tessa. What had happened between them? No. He couldn't think about that now. He had to focus his mind on Jem.  He stopped outside he yin fen den, taking a deep breath in the prepare himself. He came here because Jem hated it, seeing everyone exploit themselves on the drug by choice, while he was forced to take it just to live. That's why Will volunteered, though he didn't like it much himself. Anything for Jem.

He opened the door, the smell of burned sugar hitting him in the face. He looked around. 

There were flashing lights, dim but still present, different downworlders, werewolves, vampires and warlocks, drawer around the floor, though some were sleeping in the small bunk beds in the corner. The floor was covered in scattered bits of fine white powder, also known as yin Fen. Will walked cautiously towards the till, where you bought the substance. Just as he approached the bar, a hand grabbed his shoulder spinning him around. He was looking at a middle aged man with brown hair and green eyes. On his cheek was a long jagged dark line, presumably his warlock mark. Next to the warlock stood a tall thin man, with silver eyes that indicated him to be a werewolf. Will assumed that they were a couple, given their interlocked hands. The warlock giggled, evidently intoxicated by the drug. "Look Lupin! It's a Shadowhunter!" His tone was outraged, as if Will had entered an area restricted to downworlders only. The werewolf replied to his partner, talking directly to Will. "What's wrong with ya Shadowhunter? Come to tell us all of by the power of the Clave?" His mockery caused both of them to start giggling like little school girls. Will kept quiet. He didn't want any trouble, he just needed to get home with the drugs to Jem. They both waited, expecting an answer, but they never got one. "Hey! Answer my boyfriend you idiot. Cat got your tongue?" The warlock was angry now. Will spoke. "Look ,I don't want any trouble" he looked at the lady behind the counter "Two bags please?" The lady nodded and produced two bags of yin Fen. Taking the bag, his head down, he headed out of the door. He felt the warlock's hand grab his arm. He turned around, his temper lost. "What the hell do you want warlock!?" He screamed and the warlock backed away surprised. He immediately wish he had never said anything, the werewolf looked furious. He stepped back as the werewolf stepped foreword. "How dare you speak to my boyfriend like that! You Shadowhunter's think your all-powerful and superior to everyone else. Well guess what. Your not!" With that he slapped Will clean across the face, his claws marking his cheek with ugly red welts. Will never lost a moment. He brought out his long sharp blade. "Come at me" he said, his voice dangerously low. He needed to get to Jem, for all he knew he was still sick. To his surprise, the werewolf kicked him straight in the stomach. He bent over, down on his knees, one hand staying on his sword, the other cushioning his stomach. He stood up, drawing a quick iratze on his arm and lunged at the werewolf, who ducked. From behind him, Lupin grabbed his neck, holding him in a headlock. Lupin whispered in his ear, and Will could feel him smiling. "Now Shadowhunter, anything you would like to say to my boyfriend?" Will shook his head. His grip tightened, and Will could see the world slowly turning black."I said, anything you would like to say to my boyfriend!" Lupin roared. Quickly thinking on his feet, he bent his head down. "I'm sorry" he said, though he was smiling. He drew out his bade again and before the warlock could say a word, Will stabbed the werewolf clean in the neck. He dropped to the floor as the grip released, and watched the werewolf's life pour out, and the thick red blood form a pool just below his body. He turned around and went to pick up the yin Fen bags that he had placed down, and heard the warlock break out into sobs. His heart tightened, grief and guilt washing over him. He couldn't do anything he told himself over and over again. The werewolf would have killed him in seconds. He could leave the world just yet, not when Jem was this ill. If he died, Jem would get weaker, and he couldn't afford that. Jem would die.

Will turned around to see the warlock right in front of him, so close he could see the tear marks down his face, the anger blazing in his vivid green eyes. "You killed him." He said simply, no emotion, nothing. Will stated straight ahead. He wouldn't show any weakness. "YOU KILLED HIM!" He screamed. He looked at Will, his eyes staring into Will's. "And now, he's gone. Forever and ever. I'll never see him again, because of you! I have to live my whole immortal life without the only man I've ever loved. I'll never see where it goes because of you. I want you to suffer"

Will gave up. "Kill me then. Take away my life like I took your boyfriend's. Kill me, make my friends suffer. Make me suffer a long, slow death."

He stretched his arms up, surrendering. The warlock picked up Will's dropped blade and pointed it right at his heart. Will expected his heart to speed up, but he felt nothing. He felt empty inside, as if his body was completely. The warlock came foreword, his hand visibly shaking. The blade touched his shirt, blood blooming and spreading through his white shirt. An image flashed in front of his eyes. Jem, clutching the place where the blade had grazed Will, was on his knees, Tessa and Sophie bent over him. He shook his head, and the image faded. He focused on the warlock, who suddenly dropped the blade. "No, I'm going to make you suffer. You took my boyfriend, I'll take away yours." Will frowned, confused. "Your a handsome man, you could get any girl you wanted right?"

Will shrugged. "I guess"

"I curse you. Any girl who loves you, will die a slow painful death" The warlock smiled, a nasty grin, before turning and leaving. Will felt confused. He didn't believe it at all. Picking up the yin Fen bags, he turned and walked back to the institute.