~Chapter 10~

"JEFF?!"

Your POV

Oh hell no. I'm not becoming one of his victims. His hand was still over my mouth. "(Y/N) listen. I'm so-" I punched him in the face. He froze before slowly looking at me. I need to get out of here. I bit his hand and he quickly retracted it. He grabbed my shoulders sternly and shook me. "Stop and listen!" He said. I eyed him. "Why should I? You might as well kill me like you tried to Liu." I spat.

He gritted his teeth. That's when I noticed, his face was... horrifying. He had a carved smile and he didn't ever blink. What the hell? "I'm not gonna kill you! Just hear me out!" He sounded a bit desperate. I stared at him before giving a small nod. "I'm sorry, ok? I don't know what came over me. I didn't mean to hurt Liu," He explained. "I just wanted you to tell Liu that I'm sorry. I don't think he wants to see me right now." He sighed looking down, dropping one of his hands off my shoulder.

I stared at him. His words were full of regret and his voice sounded desperate. His expression was one of sorrow. "Drop the act. You're not the Jeff Liu and me know. You're a blood thirsty murderer. You can't convince me you aren't what you are." I replied bitterly. Jeff looked at me broken. He looked down, his other hand now dropping from my shoulder to his side. Something wet dropped from his face. "Just... know that I'm sorry..." He said before running off.

I scoffed before walking through the woods. I eventually found Liu. I ran up to him and hugged him from behind. He swiftly turned back to me, about to swing but stopped when he realized it was me. He hugged me tightly. "I'm so glad you're ok!" Liu said. I smiled warmly. I grabbed his hand and ran through the forest until I made it to my house.

I panted as I sat on my bed. "What happened?" Liu asked me. I sat in my rolls chair backwards and started explaining. Liu put two fingers to his chin, indicating he was thinking. "Maybe, he was serious." Liu suggested. "Why do you believe him?! He literally tried to kill you!" I almost yelled. "That wet thing from his face was a tear. He pleaded for you to believe him. I don't think he was messing with you. Or us for that matter. But then again... he could always guilt trip us to believe him." Liu said. I nodded. Exactly my point!

"Well, there's only way to find out." I sighed, slightly smirking. Liu looked at me. "No." He said sternly. I frowned and rolled my eyes. I huffed in defeat. Soon after we went to bed.

~~~~
I sat up and yawned. I feel like I'm forgetting something. Hmmm...

It's summer break! I smile widely, about to plop back onto Liu's opened arm when something catches my eye. A sticky notes on my desk. I slowly got out the bed and walked over to the note.

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me.

                            -Jeff"

I looked out the window, out into the forest. I looked back at Liu who was sleeping peacefully, a small bit of droll running down his slightly parted lips. I looked back into the forest, for any sighs of Jeff. With no success, I set the purple sticky note down on my desk and crawl onto the bed. I put the bottom of my shirt on my thumb and gently wiped the saliva off his chin and bottom lip. His eyes fluttered open. He smiled as I wiped the saliva from the corner of his lips. "Good morning." He said yawning. "Good morning," I replied sitting up. I let Liu collect himself. "We had a visitor last night." I told him.

He looked at me confused and slightly panicked. I grabbed the sticky note and handed it to him. Liu looked at it. "I think he means it." Ethan commented. I shrugged. "Maybe we should forgive him?" Liu suggested.

I walked back over to the window and looked out it. "I'm still not sure about it. I need time to think." I said grabbing clothes and going to the bathroom for a morning shower. Liu and I did our morning routines before eating breakfast and walking out the house. I laid my skateboard on the ground and placed one of my feet on it. "Let's go visit Ben today." I said softly. Liu nodded.

Liu walks on the sidewalk and I skateboard slowly beside him. We walked/rode in silence. We made it to the small lake. My breath was uneasy. Liu and I started looking for flowers. After some time we finally had nice flowers.

 After some time we finally had nice flowers

We held the flowers in our hands tightly

We held the flowers in our hands tightly. I looked at Ethan and gently nodded. He picked me up and hovered over the lake. I dropped a few flowers here and there. We didn't know where his body was, so the next best thing was to cover the whole lake in flowers. I crumbled one of the flowers in my hand and sprinkled the petals everywhere. I soon finished and Liu did the same as me. We had covered most of the small lake.

I sat at the edge of the dock. "Hey Benjamin. How are you today?" I sat talking. "It's funny how connected I am to you, huh," I slightly chuckled. "Recently Jeffrey became a murderer, but he wants to apologize for hurting Liu. I don't know if I can trust him, but I want to clear things up soon." I explained as Liu sat beside me. We sat in silence as I remembered all the events that happened with Ben.

I felt something wet go down my cheek. It was a tear. I quickly wiped it and got up. I held out my hand for Liu, in which he took it. "Let's go home." I mumbled. Liu nodded and we went back home in silence.

"I want Ben back."