~Chapter 31~

BEN POV

(Y/N) hasn't come out of his room except for a few times ever since the incident. Whenever he did come out, he went into the basement, and the Rakes inhuman screeching and screaming could be heard. (Y/N) would stay down there for hours torturing it, and when he'd come back up, he'd be possessive, mumbling words I couldn't understand. I don't think he even speaks English anymore.

He refuses for anyone to go in his room except me. It's always dark; he never turns his light on. The only light was dim from a small lamp and other lamps around Misaki's dead, posed body. Misaki was still in the glass case, one leg over another and his hands rested in his lap. Scribbled papers with strange writings were all over (y/n)'s messy desk.

He grabbed me harshly and pulled me in his lap and sat down in the middle of his floor again. I rubbed my wrist from the harsh contact. He continued to mumble his gibberish, scribbling things I didn't understand his paper. Sometimes I think it's his natural demon language that he's never told me about.

"Be more gentle." I slightly whispered. "Sorry." He apologized before continuing to mumble. He glanced at me a few times through his mumbles, his dull eyes glimmering and sparkling whenever he did. I sat there for about an hour before (y/n) suddenly got up and ran out of his room. Wait...

He ran out of his room?!

Whenever he leaves his room he's all groggy, but now he had sparked up and ran out. At least now I can turn his light on.

Bad idea.

I flicked the switch and light filled the room. What I saw almost made me piss myself. Demons were filling the room, but they didn't look like humans, like the one who had attacked me in the forest. These were monsters. They looked slimy and other just gross, like the ghosts from ghostbusters except they looked more like goblins and weren't green. They all stopped what they were doing and looked at me. My face cringed with disgust and horror. I rule over these, these things?! I held in a gag. If they weren't slimy, I could've dealt with this better.

I collected myself before speaking. "Does (y/n) know you're in here?" I asked strongly. No way he would let them in here... I think. They must've come in here because they wanted to. They all shrunk down. "N-No, your highness." One replied. "I don't think he would enjoy you interrupting his..." I thought for a moment, unsure of what to say. What would someone call this? A ritual? "Studies." I finally said.

"Yes, your majesty." It replied and they all disappeared one by one. Definitely keeping this light on.

Right, time to find (y/n).

Your POV

I've figured it out. I can revive Misaki! I can eat human souls, so I can probably put their souls in another body too! I hope that won't change Misaki's personality though.

I see a man. Perfect. I tackle him to the ground and stick my fingers behind his teeth as I smile widely, desperate to get Misaki back. I start pulling his face up. His jaw started ripping apart, and soon his head was detached from his body; though his bottom line of teeth was still connected to his neck.

A soul popped out. It smelled delicious, but I can't eat it. I cupped it in my hands so it would remain small. I'll burry this dude later, if I remember of course.

~~~~

BEN was walking out of the house when I made it back. His face twisted into confusion as he looked at my hands. He floated behind me as I ran into my room, not concerned about the lights suddenly being on. I opened the glass case, letting go of the white, misty soul. I gently grabbed it again and pushed it into Misaki's chest.

Waiting.
.
.
.
.
.

Waiting.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It didn't work.

The soul popped right back out of him, like saying "permission denied", or a vending machine spitting your money back out if you have a wrinkled dollar. I stared at Misaki, still lifeless... still. . . dead.

I slowly closed the case again before resting my head on it. I failed. It didn't work. I looked at BEN, who was also on the verge of tears.

I quickly wiped the tears that I didn't give time to roll down my face. "Right, no time for crying. I need to find another way." I said, shaking my head a little. "Maybe you should take a break? You've been so stressed, mumbling things I can never understand, your hair's a mess, not to mention the bags under your eyes." BEN stated gently.

I looked back at Misaki's body before looking back at BEN. I gave a small smile as well as a nod. BEN returned the smile and sat on my bed, taking off his boots. I walked over to him, running my fingers through my messy, tangled hair. I placed my hand on his shoulder, which got his attention. As he looked at me with his, sparkling, curious eyes, I placed a gentle kiss on his lips.

"I love you, BEN. So so much. Please don't leave me either." I said softly. He gave a gentle smile, which made his face seem so beautiful at the moment, more than I had ever noticed. "I won't." He replied, and I couldn't help but kiss him again.