Extra: Misaki's backstory

I remember when mommy started hitting me. It was after we got out of the hospital. Our car had hit a truck. It hurt so much that I cried. Mommy said daddy isn't coming back. She said he became an angel.

After we got home, mommy started drinking stuff in a bottle. They were everywhere. She started hitting me, and I don't know why. She would always ignore me when daddy was here, so why now? What did I do?

"You're ugly! Filthy!" She would always say. She's hitting me because I'm filthy? If I take bath would you love me again?

She hits me, over and over again. I tried my hardest to speak out. "Mmm... Ahmma..." Weird sounds would only come out. If only I could say: "Mommy stop".

No words came out my mouth when I tried. "Don't even try! You're useless you mute mistake! I wish you were gone instead of him!" She yelled, hitting my face with her bottle. I fell to the ground, crying hard, though it wasn't heard. Why are people like this? Why was I chosen to be hit? Why doesn't mommy want me here?

My cheek is bleeding, it hurts. Red covered my hand. Mommy opened the door and left. I heard the car pulling away. I quickly got up and looked out the window. Mommy was leaving. She was leaving me here alone.

"Mm... Mahnnn..." The weird small noises were all I could make. I wanted to call for her to come back. I don't want her to leave me. I watch as the car pulls out the driveway. I cry, desperate for mommy to come back.

"Mahmm... Ahh..." I try hard to call out for her. "Mahhh...." This hurts; but I need her to hear me, to come back. My throat hurts, but I try again. "Maaommm...." She leaving. Don't go. Mommy, don't go!

"Mommy!"

I call. I did it! But it was only once. She didn't hear me. I cried harder as she pulled away. Mommy, don't go! Don't leave me here alone! I'm scared! I don't know what to do without Mommy. Daddy is gone to the angels; I don't want mommy to leave me too!

My cheek stung. Don't people put bandages on hurt things? Maybe mommy went to go get daddy from the angels, yeah. I should put a bandage on my cheek.

I climbed on the bathroom counter to look in the cabinets. Bandages. I put one on my face after I washed the blood off me. I took them as well as the Band-Aids and hid them in my room, in my dresser. I knew mommy would come back and hit me again, or say mean things.

I sat on my bed and hugged my teddy bear.

~~~~~~~

How long has it been? I don't remember.

I stared down at my body. It was covered in Band-Aids and bandages. I was skinny; I can see my own ribs. That's kinda cool, but I'm hungry. I have to search for food whenever mommy leaves.

...

It was silent. Is she gone? She leaves at lunch time and comes back late at night. I quietly walked out the room. She was getting her car keys. Before I could sneak away she spotted me. She quickly grabbed me and slapped me. "I don't understand why you haven't died yet." She said meanly, throwing me on the ground before leaving. That wasn't as bad as usual.

She went out in her short dress and high heels. I watched the car leave. It's been like this for a long time now; it's almost the end of the year now. My teacher says I'll be in 2nd grade next year. She said I'll be a big boy. I walked around all the bottles on the floor and almost tripped on a few.

I tripped and fell over one bottle. My knee stung, but I didn't mind it. I got onto the counter after pulling up a chair. I'm running out of things to eat. I grabbed the bag of big marshmallows and took one out. I always eat one everyday.

I bite a small piece off. It was sweet and gooey. I silently hum at the good taste. I was about to go to my room when I saw someone in the window. He was white with no face and he had fancy clothes on. Is he here to hurt me too? I run to my room, tripping over a few bottles. I close the door. When I turned around, he was there.

No. Stay away. I don't know you. Don't hurt me too. I want mommy, even if she hits me. But would she really protect me from this faceless man? I'm not so sure. Maybe she gave me away, and he's here to take me!

"Hello, Misaki," He said. He knows my name? "My name is Slenderman, but you can call me Slendy or Slender. I won't hurt you, I promise. Would you like to get away from your mother?" He asked. Get away from mommy? Get away from her hitting me?

"You'll have food and water and be taken care of greatly." More food? No more hitting?
I slowly nod and he brings me into the forest. We walk hand in hand until we make it to this big house.

That's where I met (y/n); and for the first time, I felt loved. He didn't ignore or hit me, he gave me lots of hugs, kisses, food and care. I love him so so much, I want to make him proud.

He made me start smiling. He made me feel happy. He's way better than my other family. He doesn't even care that I can't speak; but I'm trying to learn how to say his name, so he'll be even more proud of me.

(Y/N) showed me that not everyone is mean.

(Y/N) was my first friend.

~~~~~~~

Fact: Misaki's mom would leave to go to bars and hook up with strangers.