Chapter 2

You woke up in the middle of the day, you didn't even got much sleep. As you got up you look around you see that your room was newly kinda decorated. You wonder how mom was able to do that while you were asleep. You get changed and see both Dave and Mom asleep on the couch while holding a bottle of alcohol. Didn't surprised you, you look around wow they got a lot done.    

You go into the kitchen to find something to munch on. As you do, you start to hear moaning coming from the room Mom was in. Ugh really?! Even in their sleep they can't help keeping their hands off of each other.  You stomped into the room, "Really guys?!?!" you started to somewhat yell,  but then you see something very interesting. 

You see two things standing up with sheet over them, like a classic cheap ghost costume. Could it be? "Are you the guys from the attic?!" you say while trying to hide your excitement. 

"BooooOOoOOOoOOOooooO be scaaaaared" one of the ghost said, which sounded like a male voice. "What do you look under those sheets? Creepy? goresome?" I say while trying to raised the sheet. 

" You know if I was you I would be frighten if I saw a ghost." The other one said taking off her sheet.  "Wow, you aren't gory at all. Kinda disappointing." 

"Wait you can see us? how?" the male said after taking his sheet off.  You started to fix your beanie and your red hair. 

"Well I believe I read it in a book once, the living choose to ignore the dead. I like the thought of ghost and horror and find it very interesting. And I choose to not ignore the dead." I pause a little bit and looked at them for a second then looked at the ground. 

"And to answer the other question, I don't get scared anymore really..... Also I'm Y/n what is your guys name? And are you guys the ones that are in the attic?!" 

They look at each other then look back at me. "I'm Adam and this is Barbara, and by any chance do you know what book you found that information in?" Adam said.

"I'm sorry I don't remember the name, I have read so many books." I responded while saddly looking down.  Dave started to make some noise like he was half awake.

He then mumbled, "Shut da fuk up you fuuking bietch." then he threw the bottle at me. 
I made a small noise as it hit me in the gut, good thing it didn't break. 

"How about we go upstairs to talk?" Barbara said as Adam started to make his way upstairs to the attic. I nodded my head, and took a quick note of Barbara giving Dave a death stare. I made my way up into the attic as Barbara followed behind me. 

My jaw dropped when I walked into the attic and my eyes lighted up. Its so artistic and pretty. I walked up to the the thing in the middle of the room which to seem to be a model of the whole area.  "s-so is this what you been hiding in the attic? And did you make this?" 

"Yep, I have spent a lot of time into making this." Adam replied. 
"Its so amazing" I said as I kept looking at the model. 

I kept looking around the room and picked up a book and start to read the first few pages. 

"If you don't me asking, but why are you and your parents are here?" 

I froze and kinda harshly responded with, "Dave. Is. Not. My. Parent...... Sorry that was harsh, but we are here because my mom just wanted more time fucking her boyfriend and she brought me along" you start to finger quote "it would be good for my health." 

You went back to reading the book as you hear Barb Whispering to Adam, "Adam we can't kick her out she didn't even want to be here, I can tell." And they kept talking. 

"hey I recognized  this book, Handbook for the Recently Deceased. I remember finding it on the internet. It was a very interesting book" You half mumble. 

"Wait you read it and understood it?" Adam ask. 
"Well I had to read it a couple of times, but yeah I do understand it." you said and sat down by the window. "Nice view." 

You felt someone touch your shoulder, "Y/n if you don't mind me asking, but does Dave always act that way towards you?" 

Not looking at her and hiding one eye with your bangs you responded, "Yeah, pretty much. He basically abuses me and he always gets away with it. I'm just lucky that he didn't throw it that hard to make it break.... heh" 

Some time went buy we learn some information about the Maitlands. They reminded you of your parents when they were still together and that made you feel a little more happy about being here, comfort in a way?  You went back to your room and started to make the room more tidy and more you. 

Its has been a couple of months and Mom has completely made the house a new, and you have talked to the Maitlands every now and then. Not much has happen besides ma being drunk and Dave have been abusive and rude. You sat down at the table for dinner, you hated what mom did to the house and you don't blame the Maitlands  for being unhappy about us moving in. You are sure If you, mom, and dad moved in when you guys used to be a happy family, the Maitlands wouldn't have mind because we were like them. 

Mom set a plate right in front of you, "Thanks.." you mumble, and started eating. 
"You should be more thankful for that meal, your mother worked all day making that." Dave said as he kick you under the table. 

You showed no expression, "If I wasn't thankful, I wouldn't have said thanks and I wouldn't start eating it..." you were going add something, but if you said it Dave would've beaten you later. 'and no she didn't the first half of the day you too were fucking'. 

Mom took a sip of her wine, "Oh honeybear, you know Y/n struggles showing emotions so give her a break"