Chapter 5

You woke up from a wonderful dream of you and Beetljuice. You notice the bed was empty, you sat up. "BJ where are ya?" You ask and waited for him to appear, but he didn't. You got up, and walked around the house calling out his name, but he wasn't anywhere to be found. You went to the attic to thankfully to see that Barbara and Adam was still there. 

"Have you guys seen Beetlejuice?" You ask with some worry in your voice. Barbara just look at you with a worry look and Adam responded, "No we haven't, the last we saw him he was with you."  You look at them, they seemed worry that he randomly disappear, but happy because he was gone. 

"Maybe it's better this way...." You mumble to your self and went back to your room. I guess it was meant to be like this, I mean he was a dead demon who caused a lot of trouble. Or maybe he got sick of you, you were too boring for him. You looked at the rose and hat, and smiled. No, that can't be it. He cared about you, he really did care about you. 

You got changed into you normal clothes, and you were wearing the fedora instead of the beanie. You did feel somewhat hurt and sad because Beetlejuice was gone, but you didn't want to completely give up hope. You grab the phone and called your dad, you needed to apologize and make sure he was okay. You listen to the phone ring, ring, and ring..... he didn't picked up. So in a sadish kind of voice, "Hey Dad I wanted to make sure you were okay, and I'm sorry. I-I just wanted the arguing to stop, I wanted the pain to stop. I hope you will forgive me." You ended the voicemail, as Barb and Adam appeared. Before you had the chance to call mom, your phone was ringing. Mom was calling you, very quickly you answer the phone, 

"Hey Honey." 

"Mom! Are you okay? I'm so sorry!!" 

"Yes sweetheart, I'm okay. And no need to be sorry. I should have been a better parent, I should have stop Dave." 

"No mom it's not your fa-" She cut you off, 

"Honey, I just want to let you know. None of this is your fault, and I love you. I love you so much Y/n. You are so brave and strong, I'm so proud of you." You started to cry, this why you hate emotions. 

"M-Mom, I lov-ve y-you too." 

"Stay strong, and remember it's always okay to ask for help. Y/n do me a favor, and take care of your father for me." You could hear her voice shaky and breaking down. 

"M-mom are you okay? W-What are you talking about?" 

"Pumpkin, I love you so much." and with that you hear the phone fall to the ground with also a sound of a gunshot from the phone and somewhere outside. 

"MOM!!!" You yelled out, and without even looking at Barb or Adam. You ran outside, trying to find your mom. You eventually found her in a hotel room... As you ran into the room. You froze in shock from what you saw. There was your mom on the ground with a gun in her head. She... noNONONONONNO!!!! You scream as you fall to the ground crying and hugging your dead mother.  

After you calmed down so you could at least talk, you grabbed the phone and called dad. He still didn't answer, and went straight to voicemail. In a really shaky voice, "D-dad, this is about m-mom. S-she..... S-she's g-gone. I-I d-d-don't what to d-do." You ended the voicemail and hope that he didn't do the same thing she did. You hug your mom tightly as you call the cops. 

When they arrive, you told them everything and they made you leave. You just sat on the ground as cop about your age was trying to comfort you. You didn't want to be comforted, and out of everyone you wanted BJ, Adam, Dave or even Barb. You watched as the other cops where investigating the crime seen and the others were trying to get a hold of your dad. You didn't see the point of investigating, but hey you aren't a cop so what do you know. 

Eventually, your dad showed up and the cops started to talk to him. He ask to see the room, and they didn't let him, but they did give him a note that did come from the room. You stood up, leaving the guy cop like you just rejected him and went up to dad. He looked at you then pulled you into a big hug. He kept apologizing as he was comforting you. 

"She was on the phone with me, Her last words was that she loves me." Dad then started to cry and there you guys were. Crying and hugging each other, when you both calm down you asked, "Why didn't answer the phone?! I was starting to think tha-that you..." 

"My phone went missing, and when I finally found it, it was dead. I'm so sorry Y/n" He said hugging you even more tightly. 

~weeks later~

It was the day of your mother funeral, dad was waiting for you to get ready. You were wearing an outfit that you would never wear. It was a beautiful, short black dress with long sleeves, you were also wearing black pants with some black boots. You looked into the mirror, not even bothering to look at the rose and fedora. You had gotten zero sleep, and you started to put on makeup. You didn't want people to see that you were really tired and how much you have been crying. 

You went downstairs and you see your dad. He hugs you then grabs an umbrella. "We will get through this together." You nodded your head and followed your dad outside. Dad open the umbrella and you guys walked to the graveyard after getting some flowers. Some were mom favorite flowers and the others were black flowers. As you guys arrive you, you couldn't help, but felt like it was some cheesy funeral since it was raining. There were a few people there that was family. You and dad didn't want that many people there. You stand there watch as they buried your mom. You wanted to cry, but you couldn't you were all out of tears. 

After everyone left, you were still standing there. You told dad that you wanted to stay for a little while. So he went back to the house. You set down some flowers, but not all of them because there were already a lot of flowers there. "I love you mom, and I will miss you so much." You said, while trying to keep your voice steady then started to walk away, but something caught your eye. You looked at what caught your eye, it was a gravestone that said,  Beetlegeuse. Is this Beetlejuice's grave? You looked down and saw that there were no flowers left for him. Does he have no love ones? Or is there nobody let, maybe nobody cared. 

You set the rest of the flowers at his grave, "I wish you were here BJ." You gave the gravestone one last look then went back to the house. You sat on the couch with your dad, all soaked from the rain. 

"Honey, have you thought what you are going to do?" Dad ask kinda hesitant. You kinda thought then answered, "I'm not really sure, I don't have the money to keep this house and you don't either. I don't want to live this area, but I'm I know I am old enough to live by myself."  

Dad ruffled your hair, "Well, let me know when you need help packing. And just to let you know, I will always let you live with me. Well kiddo, I'm going to go and try to get some sleep. You should too, kiddo" and with that he went to the spare bedroom. You then went upstairs to the attic to talk to Adam and Barbara. You still haven't told dad about them or everything that actually happen. After talking for a bit you finally said, 

"Guys, I think I'm going to sell the house while I still have it. And moved into a small house here." You looked as Barbara expression sadden. 

"I'm sorry, but being here will be took much money and too much space just for me. And it reminds me too much of mom." Barbara hugged you while Adam said, 

"No need to apologize, we understand." You still felt guilty. That night feel asleep in the attic and had a smile on your face when you had a dream about seeing BJ. You were glad that you could see him and that you finally where able to get some sleep.