Chapter 4

I woke up really late, in the day. You are in so much pain as you got sat up you let out a loud groan. "Well good afternoon sleeping beauty." you hear bJ said. You look at him and give him a small smile. "Who ya calling beauty, I don't see any."

"Hm if you look in a mirror you will see it." He looks at you and sticks out his tongue. You went to your drawer and looked in the mirror. "What I see it a person you really needs an haircut. I think I'm going to go and get my hair cut, want to come with?" 

"Hell yes, babes!" He says with a huge smile, you also smiled and then grabbed your clothes and got change.  To tired to even care that Beetlejuice was still in the room. The one good thing was that, you can wear your binder again. As you stuff all of your hair except for your bangs into the beanie. You were BeetleJuice do a dog whistle. And that was when you were reminded that he was still in the room. You froze in place, dust of pink ended up on your cheeks as you threw an small object at him. 

He moved before the thing hit him, "Not my fault babes , You were the one who let me have such a great view." You look at him, smirking asshole. "C-come on l-lets go"  you say as you head downstairs and open the door to outside. Beetlejuice was floating next to you. "it feels nice to be out in the sun okay," He says while stretching. You can't really relate, you don't really like being outside, because being outside means many people around and you don't do well in crowds. 

You stayed quiet as you start walking into the shopping. As you were walking by you felt everyone looking at you. You wished they didn't, they could be looking at you because you never actually been outside a lot, because of your clothes, or they were trying to figure at what is your gender.

You look at Beetlejuice seem like he didn't mind the staring. As your anxiety start to kick in the the hair place is still a long walk , you got really close to Beeltejuice and in a quiet voice you ask, "BJ c-can I hold your hand please?" 

"Asking to hold my hand and we haven't even been on a date yet!" He remarks and as you were about to stuff your hand into your pockets. He grabbed your hand, "I'll make an exception for you babes." 

You squeezed his hand and smirked, "Say the person who will fuck within first meeting." Then you stick your tongue out. He leans to you and licks your tongue. !! You squeaked, has your face went really ride and hid behind your bangs. "You taste pretty sweet for someone who acted pretty salty." 

You mutter under your breath, "Fucking disgusting, perv." 

"And are you going to do anything bout it babes?" He said with a sly smile. You kept quiet and continued to walk. He chuckles, as you guys arrived at the hair place. "Here, while I'm getting my hair cut. Go and find something to keep yourself busy with, and no causing harm," You told him as you gave him some money. BJ smiled, took the money then ruffled your bangs then left as you went inside to get your hair buzzed and to get your hair recolored red and put some green streaks into your arm. 

You were finally done, ugh it was fine beside the fact that the person cutting and dying your hair check asking you so many questions. As you put your beanie in your jacket, it was now time to find that beetle.  You find him, he was waiting on a bench hiding something behind his back. 

"Hey BJ so what did you get?" you say, he looks at you then stands up. He then pulled out an black fedora hat with red ribbon around it. You look at the pretty hat as Beetlejuice said, "I ferdora you so much." He winks then places the hat on you. You giggle at his pun, "Omg that was so terrible. So let me get this straight you used my money that I gave you, to buy me something?" 

"Yep!" Wow, you smiled and shacked your head, You grabbed his hand again and started walking, were to? You had no idea.  You walked a bush full of black/dark red roses, they are so pretty. You let go of Beetlejuice hand and you pick a rose that was the perfect combination of both black and red. You then went up to Beetlejuice, he look confused and titled his head. You pinned the rose onto his suit, you smile, "Black rose meaning death and red meaning well you should know." 

"Aw thanks babes, if you are giving me a rose then I need to give you one too, I don't have one." Pfft. You smiled and went back to holding his hand, walking back to the house. Before we went into the house.  Beetlejuice, stopped me from going to the door and poof we were on the roof. 

"BJ why are we up here?" Beetlejuice sat down, and stared at the sky.  "Because I wanted to watch the sunset." You sat next to him and we sat in silence as the sun went down. You lean against Beetlejuice, he wrapped his arm around you this was nice. 

"Y/n promised me something." 

"Hm?"  you looked at him. 

"Promise me you won't end your life. Do your best to live a full life, because once you die, things will be boring and not worth it." 

"W-where did this come from!?.... But Okay I promise, I promised I won't commit suicide." You were still looking at Beetlejuice, He looked relieved, happy, but also somewhat sad. 

"BJ, If you don't mind me asking. Why do you not want me to commit suicide so badly?" Beetlejucie then move so he was basically sitting right in front of you. He then cupped your cheek with his hand. 

"Because, I care about you and I don't want you to do what I did and take the easy way out."  You froze, you didn't know how to take this in or how to respond. 

"I-I" You started to stutter, but was then shushed by beetlejuice. He then stood up, 

"I actually do have 2 things for you." You stood up as Beetlejuice pulled out an rose. 

"I actually did have a rose so this was the first thing." You gently took the pretty red rose, and stared at it.  "And the second thing is this." You looked at him as he lean towards your face and planted a kiss on your cheek.  You Froze in place again, what is this feeling? before you could even say anything. 

"I better go, don't want Barbs and Adam on my case." and with that he disappeared. 

You didn't understand what this feeling was, all you love was that you were staring at the red with a big ass smile on your face. You looked at the sky and hummed while the sun finally disappeared. You then set the rose in a safe spot as you climbed down the roof. You went inside, you got a some stuff and place the rose inside of it to keep it alive. Then you made yourself some cereal for dinner. 

You sat down and started eating while staring at the flower when barb showed up. You looked at Barbara, "You okay sweetheart?" 

"I don't know, I'm struggle with something." You respond as she sat next to, willing to listen. 

"I feel happy, like I'm in awe, I have butterflies, I feel like smiling like an idiot, and I feel giddy." You say while staring, lovingly at the flower. Barbara smiled, "Y/n You are in love!! Love is what you are feeling!" 

"Love? but I never felt this way when I was with Bailey. " 

"I think you and Bailey were an attempt for trying to love, It maybe really was just never meant to be." Barb said. 

"I don't know, I think I need to sleep on this." You say then getting up and grabbing the vase with the flower and go up to your room. You set the vase on your dresser also your fedora. You then get change, you look around. 

"BJ are you there?" you ask as he appear. You sit on the bed, as he comes over to you. 

"What ya need babe?" He ask, you look at him. You didn't want to tell him that you just wanted to cuddle. Him to cuddle you while you fall asleep. 

"I'm scared I'm going to have another  nightmare. Will you please stay with me to protect me?" You lied as you laid down.  Beetlejuice, started laughing then laid next to you, 

"As long as you don't summon me away, I will always be here to protect you N/n." He then wrapped his arms around you and you snuggled your face into his chest. 

"Also babes you are so adorable, you don't need to lie to me just for me to snuggle with you." He said while petting your hair. You said nothing as you just nuzzled your face into his chest. Slowly falling, asleep and wishing this won't end. You realized that Barbs is right you are in love. Though she doesn't know who, but you do. You are in love with a dead guy, maybe so should confess tomorrow. As you thought of that last thought, you feel into a nice amazing sleep.