Chapter eight

Joffrey slowly opened his eyes to feel Arya snuggles up close to him, he looked at her face he wasn't used to seeing her so peaceful, normally she'd be glaring a hole into his body it was a beautiful sight really. He then remembered everything that happened last night, he got up and changed l of the thoughts of her in is mind and he changed out of his shirt and put on a red and yellow tunic, he looked back to her sound asleep in the bed. His bed. Joffrey demented that his mother usually comes to get him for breakfast, imagine how angry she'd be if his mother came in to find a sleeping Arya in his bed and not his betrothed.

He sighed and sat an the bed next to her and nudged her arm, "Hey, you gotta go." Joffrey TIL her as her eyes shot open clearly startled by his touch.

Arya sat up recalling everything that had happened last night, she tried to push them away as her face turned red. She got out of the bed and looked for the rest of her clothes as Joffrey watched, she then slipped on her trousers and boots. She was heading out of the door. He wanted to stop her but he didn't, as he waited on the bed for almost five minutes his mother never came to get him to his surprise.

He got off the bed and put his boots on and walked out the door, he went into the dinning solar he saw his mother and father already seated, his uncle and the Kings Hand. He sat down where he usually sat he had two empty seats beside him. One is where Sansa usually sat, she then soon came in followed by Arya who was wearing a green loose shirt and brown pants. He smiled at Arya but tried to play it off like he was smiling at Sansa. Arya seems to notice and she let out a shy smile to him, he then couldn't help but smiled himself not even caring that his future bride was seated next to him.

Joffrey knee Sansa most likely hated him at this point, and if he was being honest with himself he didn't even want to marry her. He sighed at that thought and then all of the thoughts of Sansa went away when Arya took a seat next to him without him even asking her too, "Don't you need to go into town today to get your dagger?" He leaned over and asked Arya. She nodded in response, "If you want I can come with you, I'm aloud to leave the castle when I please. The Hound could accompany us for safety."

"Are you sure?" She whispered back, personally Arya didn't want to be caught outside the red keep but she did need to get her dagger.

He nodded, "Its fine." Joffrey answered as he took a sip of wine and ate some porridge. She did the same. As soon as almost everyone started to excuse themselves Joffrey did as well and gestured for Arya to follow him sis he did.

Sansa was a little confused, they always left together for the past four days. Sure it was very nice not being at Joffrey's will anymore, but it was strange what changed him into not wanting her anymore in his bedroom. Had he become more interested in her younger sister? No, he wouldn't. Sansa sat there before excusing herself later on today she wanted to speak with Arya about what was going on between Joffrey and her. Sure, she found Joffrey very cruel and vile. But still she was to marry him and nothing could really change that.

Arya walked by Joffrey's side as the Hound followed close behind them as they walked through the city, "What time do you think we'll be back?" Arya asked as she looked to him. They followed along the coast again and went the same path.

"It shouldn't take long, we'll be back soon." He replied to her as he looked off at the sea, Arya did the same she always liked how peaceful the wager looked and greatly wanted to swim in it. But she knew she really couldn't if she was being honest with herself.

Later they came across the same blacksmith place, "Lady Arya!" The old man greeted with a bright smile, she smiled back, "We have your dagger ready." He said as he call the young boy again and he came to the front with the dagger in his hand. Gendry was looking at Arya in a way that didn't make Joffrey happy.

"Thank you, so much." Arya said with a bright smile as she looked up from examining the dagger. The boy nodded and so did the old man. Joffrey shifted in his position from where he was standing as Arya made conversation with the two men in front of her. He didn't know why he was jealous of Gendry, or why he was acting protective over Arya she wasn't really his and he needed to remember that. All Arya was doing was talking Sansa's place until Joffrey's and Sansa's wedding night.

But Joffrey felt as if he had maybe taken in to far, inviting her into his bed. Yes, he did quiet enjoy her company most of the time but he didn't want his mother or father or even Sansa getting suspicious about them. Then he heard the bells for lunch they had placed in the Red Keep, he hadn't realized they'd been gone that long but he decide it shouldn't hurt to miss lunch. He waited until she said one final thanks to the two men and then they were off, he walked her silently to the castle once they got in he stopped her like they did before soon he Hound had already made it inside the red keep, "Arya, meet me tonight in my room." He told her before he walked away.

Arya followed in the opposite direction and made her way to her bed chambers and hopped into the bath. She washed herself from the dirt she had from walking in he city. She carefully placed the dagger on the side of the bathtub and sat in silence for a little, Arya then got out and dried herself off she wrapped the cloth around her body and went to her drawer. She put on her small clothes then put on a black shirt that she stole from Jon, it made her feel at home when the sent of him was still on the shirt, she smiled ten put on some black pants as well followed by her regular boots that went past her knee.

She then left for her lessons with Syrio that thankfully she hadn't missed when she was out. Arya walked into the room where she trained and found Syrio there like usual.