Chapter forty-one

They were in a small room, guards at the door. Guards surrounding Joffrey and Arya once they left her chambers, the guards had informed that they had found a witness to what happened the night before. In the moment only determination filled Joffrey's head, was this there final chance to figure out who this man is, and who sent him. It wasn't long until they had come to a stop to the dining solar, Joffrey pushed the doors open not minding for the guards to assist him. Once he was there he saw a woman seated at the table with two kings guard at her side, she looked near scared. Joffrey made his way to her, she quickly stood up before him and gave a slight bow, "Your Grace, My lady." She greeted.

Joffrey excused her, "No need for formalities," he said pulling out a chair to sit near her, Arya did the same and placed herself next to Joffrey, "Who are you?" He asked.

"I'm Thea, I'm just a maid." The blonde girl said quietly enough for them to hear.

Joffrey nodded, "What do you know, about last night." He asked the young girl, Thea looked to him and then Arya.

"I was only watching as Lady Stark greeted and talked to the common people, I was going to make my way and ask a word with you m'lady but as I did a small shadow moved at the corner of my eye," Thea looked back to Joffrey then playing with her hands in her lap, "I turned to see what the movement was, I seemed to have been the only one that noticed it." She stopped acting as if that was all she may have known.

"Then?" Arya asked softly to calm the woman of any fright to her.

She took a deep breath, "I saw her," Thea answered, "That's when she drew her bow and tried to kill you My lady." Arya and Joffrey exchanged looks with each other before looking back to Thea.

"She?" Arya asked. Thea nodded at Arya's question, "What did she look like?" Arya questioned a bit softer.

"I didn't really focus to much on looks, I only wanted to make sure they got you out before that." She told Arya before looking back to Joffrey. He gave her a questioning look, almost as if he could search her thoughts with just a look, but he knew that it was far impossible. Arya looked to him then when nothing was spoken, he could see that now she was giving him a questioning look as well.

Then he broke the silence, "Can you at least give a description?" Joffrey asked the girl as she had begun a questioning look of her own.

Then Thea snapped out of it, "All I know that it was a female, your grace. I was in shock as to what would happen, then I saw Lady Arya there and assumed it was an assassination, your grace." She answered looking to both Joffrey and Arya now.

"Thank you, Thea. I just need a moment with Lady Arya." He said rising from his seat, Thea only nodded and Arya once again looked at him funny before getting up when he offered his hand to her. Joffrey lead Arya our of the solar and excused the guards figuring they'd be safe just waiting outside the door.

"Why do we need to talk?" Arya asked once they were out of sight and hearing to others.

"She's being weird, don't you think?" Joffrey asked her crossing his arms over his chest, Arya looked at him for a small bit before deciding to speak again.

"She's only trying to help, trying to tell us what she saw. That's all." Arya told him trying to persuade him otherwise.

Joffrey shook his head, "Arya I want to believe you, but I can't push away the way I feel about this woman. Half of me doesn't think she's telling the truth about all of this, I can't explain it but I know it's true." He could tell that he wasn't getting through to Arya, she must think I'm insane, maybe I am. Arya might be right, Thea was in fact the only witness and he needed as many answers as possible, anything to keep Ary and her family safe from harm.

"I understand what you feel, but she's our only hope as to who has been doing this." Arya said breaking his thoughts.

He looked to her, "Didn't she say that she saw a woman? Not a man." Joffrey asked.

Arya nodded, "Yes. I realised that as well. But there can be more than one person to this." She reasoned, Joffrey realised that she might be right but still no matter how much he wanted to believe her he still had that odd feeling, "Joffrey, we are keeping her waiting."

"Right, your right we should go back." Joffrey answered, Arya nodded and took a small step closer to him.

"Everything's going to be okay." Arya said cupping in of his cheeks with her hand and leaning in for a small kiss, he replied easily and put his hand on top of hers and stroked slightly.

"Your right." Joffrey told her once they broke apart, "Thank you." He said to her as she smiled at him as he smiled back at her. Arya answered with a nod and gave him one last smile before turning back to the door with him at her side. He reached his hand to the door knob and felt a bit uneasy, he looked to Arya feeling it was only him. Joffrey opened the solar door while still looking to Arya, that's when he saw her eyes grow wide her mouth come open nearly as a scream or cry he couldn't tell, he couldn't hear. Joffrey took the courage to turn his head to what Arya seemed horrified at. Then to he became horrified as well, what lay before him was horrifying at the corner of his sight he saw Arya run in and rush over to the Kings guard and Thea's dead bodies. Blood was in a pool around them, a crimson color everywhere. The most blood he had seen in a lifetime the most blood he wished he didn't need to see.

Joffrey rushed to Arya as she hovered over Thea's body, "Thea?!" Arya kept asking, yelling as she looked at her pale face, having one of her hands in her own. When Joffrey has made it to her he tried pulling her off of Thea, tried getting her away from the terrifying sight to safety where ever that might be. But as he struggled with Arya she refused to move to leave, "Arya, we need to leave! We need to eat to safety." She only looked over to one of the guards and shook her head, he gripped her waist and tried pulling her away but she kicked at him.

"Look!" Arya said pointing to a guard, Joffrey found it hard not to he looked and one was calling to them moving slightly, just barley moving his hands and moving his mouth slightly. Joffrey let her go and she hurried next to the guard that Joffrey never knew the name of, sadly. He'd never known half of the guards that worked for him. Joffrey didn't know any of the names to the guards slaughtered in that room.

Arya looked at the half dead face before her, "m'lady." The guard groaned barley above a whisper.

"Are you okay. We need to get you to a maester." Arya said checking his wounds, a stab near the heart and several other stabs leaving him in a pool of blood, the guard shook his head with all of his strength he had.

"N-no. You need, to l-leave." He said putting his hand to Arya's, "T-they came. Killed u-us all." The man managed before Arya could feel that she was losing him, his grip grew weak, "leave my lady, be. Safe. P-please." Arya watched as the life drained away from his once green eyes, she watched as his head fell back to the ground and she wanted to scream as loud as she could, Arya didn't know the man, but he tried to protect her, and her family and that meant a great deal to her. Arya had been so caught up to not realize Joffrey was at her side.

"We need to go now." Joffrey ordered grabbing a hold of her hand, this time Arya didn't fight, she didn't feel herself moving or walking. The only thing she realized was Thea's and the mans blood over her hands and clothes, she wanted to cry for them to get them back. Anything she could do to save and innocents life, but she was only human and could have done little to save them.

So I finally got my shit together and wrote this chapter the reason why it took so long is because I really don't freaking know but anyways EnJoY