Chapter thirty-four

"Damn this dress." Arya cursed as she struggled to put it on and heard Sansa laughing from the other side of the curtain, "It's not funny!" She yelled over to her still laughing sister.

"Do you need help?" Sansa asked trying to contain her laughter of Arya's struggles to put on a simple dress, Arya mumbled 'yes' and Sansa sighed and walked behind the curtain to see Arya with her arms crossed and a frown on her face.

"I can't get the back." Arya said turning back to the mirror to look at the grey dress.

Sansa started laughing again, "That's because it on backwards!" She said covering her mouth laughing even harder, Arya looked back at the dress, I knew something was off. Sansa walked to Arya and instructed her to turn the dress around and she did, "Your arms go here, not there." Sansa instructed to Arya as she pulled her arms out of the neck line. Once Arya had gotten it on the correct way she looked back into the mirror as Sansa was lacing it up in the back. The sleeves draped off her shoulders and the dress was a perfect fit around her upper body and poofed at the waist line down, Arya looked at her hair that was done into a waterfall braid on both sides and joined into a very lose bun at the back. Once Sansa finished she looked into the mirror with her sister, "You look so beautiful." She told Arya.

Arya looked at the color and found she was quiet fond of it considering her eyes where the same color, "It's not as bad as I thought." She said noticing the small details on the dress, she looked at herself up and down through the mirror noticing the even more designs at the bottom, it had a wolf sewn at the bottom as her house sigil. Arya smiled at that and looked back to Sansa not being able t contain a smile, "Do you have dress?" She asked looked back to the mirror before leaving from behind the curtain with Sansa following close behind.

"The Queen picked me out a blue one with a wolf sewn to the bottom much like yours." Arya smiled, at her sister then looked back down at the dress, "Speaking of which, the feast will be shortly so I should go get ready." Sansa told her sister as she looked back up at her, Arya nodded and Sansa headed for the door Arya watched as she did so and saw two guards and Jaime Lannister waiting her gave Sansa a sweet smile as she did him. Arya rolled her eyes and sat on her bed, it was getting dark and she knew that she'd be sent for to the dining hall.

Sansa was telling her that some of the workers in Kings Landing would be coming that the small council would be there. Arya was mostly excited to see her father again, when she saw him at his trial she did see sadness and that wasn't how she wanted to see him, she wanted to give her father a hug and feel his massive comforting arms around her once more as he did when she was a girl back home. Minutes had passed and Arya missed home once more like she always did, she folded with the lacing on her dress as she thought of what it would be like to return home if she had the chance one day. Arya thought of Nymeria her dire wolf, she missed it when they're go into the godswood and state their for hours Nymeria's fur keeping her warm, Arya's thought were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Lady Arya, Are you ready?" A Guard asked brought the door that she soon realised to be The Hounds voice.

Arya snapped out of her thoughts, "Yes." She said standing up from her spit on the bed and walked to the door, before her hand was on the nob she felt a rush of nervousness go through her she hadn't worn a dress inform of a lot of people before, especially not a dress this nice. You look beautiful in anything. Joffrey's sweet words filled Arya's head.

But Arya straightened up and turned the door non and pulled the door open. She looked out to the most likely six guards that Joffrey had assigned to keep her safe from harm, it was a change but Joffrey as only looking out for her and she appreciated that. Some of the guards gave her a soft smile as the others stood there in awe until Sandor cleared his throat so they would move his was the only one who didn't look at her any differently, the only one who didn't look as if he'd dishonour her then and there. The men looked away from her as she stood in the middle of them all, the Hound was in the front as he lead the group including Arya to the dining hall. This wasn't going to be an ordinary dinner with the family, many different people will be there and most of all her father. She couldn't hold back a smile as she thought of seeing him again, Sandor knocked on the door and two other men on the other side opened both doors.