Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Gavin's POV...

(Damien's Jet-------->)

My nerves nearly got the best of me when I opened my eyes this morning, today was the day that the girls were returning home and I was going to accompany them.  I was going with them to see my family for maybe the very last time. I felt like my emotions were see-sawing back and forth all over the place. I was full of indignation one minute, and total fear the next. But as always, my rock, my love, and Dominant was right there at my side through all of my ups and downs. Right now, Damien had me tucked securely under his arm as his driver whisked us towards the airport. I was again awed by Damien's wealth and generosity. He was using his own private Jet to fly us all back to Idaho in first class luxury. The girls were busy twittering in their seats and giggling with each other, oohing and aahing over the splendor of the limo alone. But Damien's sole focus was on me and that alone had my pounding pulse evening out.

I wanted to cry when I looked at the people surrounding me at this very moment. Those two giggling Angels were my saving Grace right after my family had committed the ultimate act of betrayal against me. And the Lord only knows what would have happened to me if Janice hadn't been the person that she is and picked me up off the side of the street and took me to seek medical treatment. And her friend Karla, who had been a complete stranger to me at the time, had opened her home to me and the both of them gave me money out of their own pockets in order for me to save myself and get away from my abusers. Then as if the good Lord was still on my side, he sent me straight to the Rosetti's and through them and their nephew, Gino, I found my Damien and that alone was my ultimate blessing. The man has seen me at my lowest and still he pursued me and made me feel like I am some kind of crowned Prince. All I had to do was submit to him, obey and love him, and let me tell you that was the easiest thing for me to do. I handed this man my world when I first laid eyes on him, and he promised to hold it in his safe keeping for as long as I wanted him to. If I was the swooning type, I would have dropped at his feet like a ton of bricks.

"Baby, how are you feeling?" Damien leaned over  whispered in my ear, his soft lips just barely brushed the outer shell of my ear causing a tremor of heat to shiver down my spine.

"I am doing okay, kind of nervous, but otherwise okay." I quietly answered him.

He tilted his head forward and  he used the tip of his nose to nuzzle my hair at my temple. I heard him inhaling the scent of my favorite freesia and white tea shampoo, a habit of his especially when I am fresh from my shower. "Baby, I will not hesitate to remove you from the situation if they become ignorant, or they have the nerve to attempt to speak ill of you in front of me. I hope you understand that. I will not tolerate it and I will do whatever it takes to make sure that you are alright and that no one will ever hurt you like that ever again."

Despite the fact that the girls were sitting right there, just a few feet across from us, I felt the hot tears rise, I was trying desperately to hold them back but I failed to do so as they welled over and dripped down my cheeks. I climbed over my man,  straddled his muscled thighs, wrapped my arms around his neck, and buried my face under his chin. And my Angels, God bless them, went silent for only a brief second before they realized that I was an emotional mess, and they went back to talking and ignoring us completely effectively giving us as much privacy as they were able to give us at the moment.

 All too soon the car was pulling into a section of the airport reserved for private flights. Damien gently eased me from under his chin and wiped the evidence of my tears away from my cheeks with his handkerchief. Once I was settled back into my seat, the girls turned their attention to me and started firing off questions about Damien's jet and if I ever flew in it and the like. I had no choice but to be tickled by the energy and their excitement. To be honest I was a little excited too, this would be my very first time on a plane of any kind, and it was just my luck it was my boyfriend's private aircraft. And I was just as gobsmacked as the girls when the limo pulled right up to the steps of a beautiful machine. I am sure my jaw was on the ground as I watched Damien's security detail get out of the front of the car and secured the area before opening our doors for us. Immediately more staff descended the stairs of the plane and reached the car to transfer our luggage to the plane.