Chapter eight:

I walked down the stairs, a pale pink sundress swayed back and forth. The blonde girl was leaned up against the wall, her usual frown and dark eyes started at the wall. Did she ever smile. 

"Ready," I spoke happily, a wide smile on my face. 

I put on a pair of Harry's sisters flip-flops, and we walked down the sidewalk silently side by side. I was all for silence, but this was a little pathetic. 

"Mind if we made a short detour," I chimed, looking over at the quiet girl.

"No, that is fine," Elle spoke softly. 

There was something weird going on with her.

"Okay, it's right here," I said pointing to the small cafe.

 I pushed the door open, the door chimed loudly. Catching the attention of the familiar blonde-haired girl who was sitting at a table with a coffee; Allie. Not that I had anything against the sisters who thought they owned the town. But they weren't exactly my favorite people after forcing me to do labor in exchange for food. 

"Hey," Allie greeted with a wide smile. 

"Just came for a coffee that is okay isn't?" I asked, walking behind the counter. 

"Of course," Allie replied.

"Thanks," I muttered, "Elle do you drink coffee?"

Elle nodded her head sitting down in the empty seat beside Allie. I grabbed two coffee mugs and pour the fresh coffee that Allie must have just made into the mugs. I sat down at the table, sliding Elle's coffee towards her. 

"So are you and Harry a thing now?" Allie blurted out, her hands cupped around her coffee mug.

"I think so," I admitted lightly. 

But truthfully I didn't know what we were. We talked about our feelings and we only wanted each other, but were we dating? I mean he asked me to prom with him.  And after last night things were sort of confusing. 

"That's really cool. You seem to be good for him," Allie spoke softly. 

"Kelly seemed like a much better match. She is way to sweet for her own good," I said truthfully, knowing that Kelly was someone anyone would be lucky to have. 

"She really is. But, there is just something about you though. It's like I feel drawn to you myself," Allie replied tenderly, staring down at her cup. 

"And you're incredibly beautiful," Elle said softly, with a faint smile. 

My heart warmed from her kind words. But, I couldn't help but look at Elle's own appearance. She looked like an Angel, her lips were a pale pink and her skin was the palest shade of ivory. Her features looked like they were sculpted personally by God himself. 

"Says you," I laughed, putting a packet of sugar into my coffee. 

After two cups of coffee and a lot chatter between us girls, we were finally parting ways from Allie and making our way back to shops to look for prom dresses. Truthfully I was really excited for the prom tomorrow and I thought Harry was never going to ask me. Elle led me into one of the shops that specialized in dresses for occasions. The walls were filled with rows upon rows of dresses of every color and style. Half of the store was divided in wedding/prom gowns, and the other half was more simple designed dresses. A couple of girls giggled in the back sliding through the rows of dresses. 

"Do you know what you're looking for?" I asked Elle who looked just as shocked as me. 

"I don't think I'll be able to choose," Elle giggled, running her fingers through the layers of fabrics. 

"This is going to be tough," I groaned, "But let's start."

I walked up and down the isles searching through the more casual dresses. A couple dresses caught my attention but they didn't feel like they were the one. After almost an hour of searching Elle had found herself a sea-foam green off shoulder mermaid gown. The chest was beaded with matching pearls, and the skirt formed around her hips tightly and loosen at the bottom creating the illusion of a mermaid tale. The sea-foam green complimented her pale skin and blonde hair. 

After almost another half an hour of searching and coming back empty handed, I decided to give up. This was honestly pointless, nothing looked good on me. 

"Wait," Elle said quickly, pulling out a red dress. "Try this."

"Fine," I groaned, grabbing the dress from her. 

I stepped into the changing room stripping from the dress that I was already wearing and stepped into the red gown. The dress was long sleeves, and the chest dipped low exposing the tops of my breasts. And the skirt fell past my legs with a long slight on my left thigh that started a couple inches down my leg. The fabric flowed down my body. I twirled in the dress, letting the fabric sway beneath me. This was the dress. I stepped out of the dressing room, a wide smile pulled at my lips.

 "You look like a princess," Elle spoke in admiration. 

"You think?" I smiled, looking into the large mirror. 

"That is the dress," Elle giggled, nodding her head. 

Harry was going freak seeing how sexy this dress made me look. And a pair of black heels would do the dress wonders. This was going to be the best pretend prom ever.