Chapter Twelve:

"Harry?" I called out, as I opened the bedroom door softly.
"Paisley," Harry responded in a groggy tone.
"You feeling any better?" I questioned delicately as I stepped forward into the barely lit room.
It was strange how things had changed so drastically in the last couple of weeks. I just wanted the Harry that I met to come back. I know it was selfish to say. But it didn't make it any less true. I sat down on the edge of the bed. The comforter was pulled up to his chin and his eyes watched me calmly.
"Come here," Harry spoke gruffly, extending out his arms towards me.
My heart nearly skipped a beat out of my chest. He wanted me. He wanted me to crawl into his arms. I crawled forward, pressing my head to his chest gently. God. I had missed him so much.
"Please don't cry, it'll be okay," Harry cooed calmly.
Harry's stroked my hair softly while his other hand wiped away the tears that had slipped away without my permission. I hadn't even realized how sad I truly was without him.
"Shouldn't it be me comforting you," I sniffled.
I turned my head to look up at the boy that I had so madly fallen in love with-- his eyes watched me softly. The way he watched me filled me with such unexplained safety.
"We're a team. I had a moment of weakness. I felt so utterly alone but I was being selfish. I have you," Harry spoke.
"Harry, it is okay to feel alone... You lost your family. And these people have invaded every piece of your life like you mean nothing. Like your family meant nothing."
"Careful, you're starting to sound a lot like Campbell," Harry teased, wrapping his arm around my torso and pulling me closer into him.
"Well. Maybe he is right. I understand the motives. I get it. Everyone just wants to survive but they can at least have some damn respect," I spat back.
"It will be okay, in time we'll have our lives back. But first, we need to figure out why everyone has disappeared and where you came from. I'd remember a minx like you," Harry chuckled.
"I am not a minx," I gasped, slapping him lightly with my hand.
"Fine, a succubus," Harry said triumphantly, a wide grin pulled at his lips.
I leaned forward pressing my lips to Harry's. His lips moved in sync with mine welcoming the kiss without hesitation. I brought my hand forward pressing my palmy flatly against his warm cheek. My heartbeat grew faster-- I hadn't realized how much I had missed his touch. I couldn't imagine not having him in my life.
"I love you," I muttered into the kiss.
What the fuck. Why would I fucking say that? I pulled away from Harry quickly, watching his face for any sort of reaction. He starred at me silently.
I just fucked everything up.
"I'm so sorry," I mumbled anxiously. "I didn't mean to say it."
My cheeks heated in embarrassment. I can not believe I just muttered the L word out loud. It was too soon. There is literally a full rule about not saying the L work until at least a couple of months of dating.
"I feel it too," Harry spoke in a cautious tone, "But, I just need some time before I say it back."
"Oh," I mumbled.
"Please don't be upset. It's not that I don't love you. It's just that I can't say it yet." Harry pressed further.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say it," I muttered.
I couldn't stop the hurt of rejection that lingered in my chest.
"Don't apologize. You're are allowed to have feelings and express them. I'm the asshole for not being able to say three simple words back to you," Harry reached his hand forward, cupping my cheek in his hand. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you Paisley. I've never felt this way for anyone before. I just want to be able to understand my feelings for you before I say them out loud."
"Okay," I spoke softly.
Only Harry Bingham could make me feel so incredibly sad yet so undeniably happy.
__________________________________________

A/n- So sorry for such a short update-- I had finished the chapter and somehow I erased more than half of it. So this is pretty much a rewrite, but I want to get more invested into this book again and carry it out.