Chapter sixteen:

"Hey, could we stop at my old place on the way home," I suggested climbing into the passenger seat of Harry's car.

"Why do you want to go there?" Harry questioned, turning the ignition over.

"I just want to grab some more things, you know?" I answered pulling out my cell-phone out of my back pocket.

I unlocked the cell phone and read the texts that were on the screen. I had 2 messages from Elle and one from Grizz.

Campbell would like to know if you and Harry would join us for dinner tomorrow? - Elle

Hey, I hope today is going better for you. I noticed Harry was with you at dinner. -Grizz

"Elle invited us to a dinner tomorrow night," I chimed excitedly, maybe she didn't hate me after all.

"I don't want to go," Harry responded quickly, "I don't want you to be around Campbell."

"Fine, I choose the dinner as my reward."

"Are you serious," Harry groaned while turning down the street that my house was on.

"Why would I waste my reward on sex or something, when I can get that without having to turn in a voucher," I explained, shrugging my shoulders.

"Wow," Harry breathed. "Fine. We will go to dinner."

"Thank you," I replied triumphantly.

I walked around the unfamiliar house that had been left abandoned for weeks now. Everything appeared like it was all still in place. I ran my finger up and down the spine of one of the books that sat perfectly among the rest of the collection in the built-in bookcase. Eighteen years of photo albums containing thousands of photos of me with my parents laid untouched and in the correct order. My mom always adored taking photos she also said that there was never a moment that you wanted to miss. I pulled one of the photo albums out and started to look through the pages of photos. How could something that looks and feels so real also feel so fake? Each photo I remember so vividly. I remember the laughter. I remember the sweet angelic sound of her voice just asking me to stand still.

I remember my first tooth falling out and laughing because I could stick my touch through the gap in my teeth. Nothing made sense. I remember it all but it is like static in my head blocking out certain pieces. My head hurt from trying to put the pieces together. It was like a thousand-piece puzzle that came with missing pieces. You could make out the picture and understand what it was but it just wasn't complete.

"Find anything?" Harry questioned, walking into the study.

"No," I muttered. "Everything just feels normal."

I placed the book back onto the shelf and stepped towards the wood desk that sat in the middle of the room. The desk was filled with hundreds of papers filled with regular lawyer nonsense. I slid the paper over scanning the papers, but a single folder underneath the papers caught my attention. The top of the folder was labeled 'Eliot Family' which was weird.

"Isn't this Campbell's family?" I questioned holding up the file for Harry to read the big black writing.

"It looks like it. Maybe your dad had something to do with them?" Harry suggested.

"I'm gonna bring this back and read it. Maybe there is something in there that will help me figure out what is going on.

"While we are here, we should probably grab a little more of your stuff yah?" Harry mumbled quietly.

"Harry Bingham are you suggesting I am not moving in fast enough," I teased.

"No," Harry protested, "I mean, you are being kind of slow about it. I want you to be able to feel comfortable there."

"Okay, I will grab more of my stuff," I smiled, handing the folder over to him.

I walked down the hallways opening the door to my bedroom. I grabbed a black suitcase that was tucked away in the closet and started to fill it with random pieces of clothing and a pair of slippers that were tucked under the edge of my bed. I bend down on the floor and looked under my bed where a small wooden box was tucked away. I pulled the wood box out and lifted the little wood lid open. My precious little memory box that held so many strange sentimental items. This surely had to come.

I had nearly missed it but a white envelope was tucked beneath the frame of my bed and the nightstand. I pulled the note out and read the messy handwriting on the front of the envelope, it was a letter addressed to me.

I pulled the piece of paper out and began to read the familiar messy handwriting that was scribbled all over the lined paper.

'Dear Paisley,

This may be a cliche or extravagant but I can't get you out of my mind. I can't stop thinking about the way your hand fits so perfectly in mine that night. And the way your lips tasted of sweet sweet cherries. I miss you so much. And I am so sorry that I lied to you about not being with anyone. I just wanted us to live for the moment. I wanted us to be something for just a little while longer. I never expected for me to fall so madly in love with you. I know I am not supposed to contact you, but I figured a letter wouldn't hurt.

I read the letter in confusion. I was with someone? I was with someone romantically and I couldn't remember who they were. The letter felt so familiar but I don't remember it. I continued to read the confessions of love. The ink was blotted away at the bottom of the letter it was almost like tears had been spilled on the page. Where they my tears?

Sincerely, Harry.

My heart felt like it had dropped into my stomach. Harry. My Harry. This had to be a mistake. I've never met him before.

"What is taking so long," Harry huffed as he stepped into the bedroom.

I looked up at him from the spot on the floor where I was reading the letter. A single tear slid down my cheek this was so fucking frustrating. I just wanted the answers.