Chapter 10

Draco really had thought that he'd prepared himself for every outcome. But as it turned out, nothing could quite have prepared him to see his father kept in his seat by a firm hand on his shoulder, and another Ministry Official stood behind his seat, obviously saying something, but nothing that Draco could make out. He had a couple good guesses though, when his father suddenly was on his feet,, hand still on his shoulder, and with a glare in Draco's general direction, was lead from the hall. Everything was silent now, or maybe it wasn't, but Draco could only hear the ringing in his ears, and wasn't quite sure what everybody's attention was on now. Him? His father? Or maybe just the situation as a whole. But whatever it was, Draco was paying little attention to that, and more on the fact that he was feeling rather unsteady, as though he would topple at any moment.

What had he done? Damned his father to god knows how long in Azkaban - most likely the rest of his life given the evidence against him. And Draco knew it was the right thing, when looking at  the big picture, but that was still his dad. With a sudden jolt in his stomach, Draco turned and left the Hall.  In his hurry he didn't see Hermione pushing Harry, trying to get him to go after him, and he was out of earshot before Pansy stood up on her bench, and yelled.

"Harry Potter, he just kissed the Hell out of you, get your sorry ass after him, damnit!"

Thankfully, when Draco finally stopped, the wave of nausea stopped, and he didn't have to worry about throwing up all up in the corridor. But it was in this moment that he realised that while the shock of his father being taken away had been a sudden crashing feeling weighing on him, he couldn't bring himself to regret it. Did that make him a bad person? After everything he'd done to try and be a better person, and change who everybody thought he was, was it now ruined because he wasn't feeling guilty for condemning his father? Shouldn't he have felt bad? Shouldn't good people feel guilty for another's unfortunate fate, even if they maybe deserved said fate? He wasn't sure, but the fact of the matter just happened to be that he couldn't change it. That was it, and everything was over now. He had no other specific people he wanted to change the opinions of in regards to him, and he had seen the end to his ideas, without getting slapped, but now he had no idea what he was supposed to do.

Carry on being a better person, of course, but without the specific ideas, how long would anybody else believe it was for good? Would they go back to disliking him, thinking the whole thing was some sort of elaborate prank?

Maybe he hadn't thrown up, and that was good, but Draco thought hyperventilating still wasn't exactly what he would have opted for but apparently he didn't have that choice.

"Draco." A voice sounded, and Draco whirled round, dizzying himself slightly.

"Potter." He sputtered, "I- I mean... Harry?"

Could he call him that? He had called him Draco but... he wasn't sure if it was a two way sort of thing at this point? He had just very randomly kissed him.

Oh shit... was this the moment he'd get that frankly rather deserved slap?

"You kissed me." Harry said, and Draco almost burst out laughing at the sheer obvious nature of the statement.

Draco resisted a shrug but gave back an equally obvious response.

"You kissed me back."

"Well, yeah," Harry scuffed the toes of his shoes against the floor, "I figured if I was going to be a pawn in your plans, I might as well have fun with it."

"What?" Draco asked and he hated how suddenly broken his voice sounded, as his shoulders slumped.

"Well, I thought-"

"You thought I'd use you? Like that? Really, Potter?"

"You weren't?"

"No! No, that's awful! I would never."

"Then why...?"

"I admit, I should have warned you, told you what I was planning, but that's... that's..." Draco frowned, not meeting Harry's eyes and mild anger bubbling under his skin.

"I'm sorry." Harry reddened, "I'm sorry, I-"

But Draco blurted out before Harry even had a chance to finish his sentence, "I kissed you because I like you. Because I've liked you for years to the point of bordering insanity. Because all I've ever wanted was to be able to call you my friend, and to do that I knew I needed to change."

"You-" Harry blinked, and shook his head lightly, "my friend?"

"Yeah, since first year. You were there. The alternative is just-" he shook his head, "did I- did I succeed?" he held out his hand for Harry to potentially shake.

It took a few moments for Harry to take it. And in those moments, Harry seemed to be thinking, though Draco couldn't pretend to know what about. But Harry took his hand, then proceeded to pull Draco towards him, engaging him in a kiss much like the one Draco had given him. And Draco didn't have time to be shocked, or surprised, before he was kissing back, deciding to Hell with the consequences, and he could deal with those later. This time was not his doing, and it had been Harry very eagerly initiating it, and Draco figured that even if it turned out to be the worst decision of his life, he couldn't help himself, because this time wasn't a planned cog in a calculated plan. This time was whatever Harry wanted it to be, and Draco couldn't think of any other scenario he'd prefer.

%%%

I'm so sorry that it's so short but I'm uh, drunk and I have other stuff I need to write. I hope you enjoy it anyway though. My plan in spent now, so if you guys have any ideas on how you want this to carry on, I'm open to ideas. Otherwise it may just be something random to finish it up you know? So let me know of anything you may want. As always, I hope you enjoyed!

- Jupiter x