Chapter 4

She was still angrily glaring at me.

"Would you give me a reason for your attack?" I questioned trying to make out something from this mess. At this place, if the Demon Lord came, I'd be killed. Better solve this now.

"I am one of the Demon Generals, you dare to touch me, human, you deserve death!" She viciously bared her teeth at me, but it seemed kind of cute, her cat ears were turned down.

"Hmm you know I did not expect you to be so weak, honestly I thought I'd be half-dead before I had a chance to defeat you, this means if I try my best maybe I can escape from here." I honestly told her my opinion, even in novels, when a Demon General appears, the MC is beaten down and wins miserably but, she is just weak.

She kept staring at me with a smile on the corner of her lips, she's smiling once more, that's weird.

"The truth is that I barely used thirty percent of my strength, humph, if I was at full strength, you'd already be dead." She arrogantly lifted her chin and intimidatingly stared at me. I looked back at her with an extremely bored expression and sighed.

"Look here, I know it's embarrassing to be defeated so easily, and you want to make an excuse to cover it up, but in my eyes, your degrading yourself further, not that I mind. The hardships you have, could or would have faced are known only by you, so if anyone expects more than what they deserve from you. Let them know they are wrong, and you are right, your life, your choice, no one should control you. I don't accept much from you, this inspirational speech, I used to tell it to my sister, since she had no confidence, you kind of seem the same." Sigh, people should be more confident about themselves and accept their own weaknesses at times. Even Demon Generals are no exception. My expression had turned to that of a wise old man.

She stared at me dumbfounded, blinked her eyes several times, and kept staring. Seriously does everyone love staring?... after five minutes, her cutely confused expression finally disappeared, replaced by a smiling face... she started giggling, so did I say something funny?

"Hehehehahahaha!" She burst out laughing her shoulders shook, her ears turned straight up, after a good while of laughing, she stared at me. Seriously?! Why staring?! My expression twisted.

"You really do say interesting things I'm injured currently, a fight got me injured, and since you looked like a normal human without power, I was assigned to keep an eye on you to prepare for unexpected accidents, it was supposed to be like a vacation, but who'd expected you to be so strong, I'd say I have to use sixty percent of my strength to defeat you. But, alas. I was prepared to call the others but, what you said shocked me, we don't have many trendy people like you around, it'd be a pity if you died. Do you usually say unusual things to everyone you meet? Don't say such things to the ones here, they will kill you without a second thought, though I don't particularly mind what you say, so when will you let go of me?" She smiled with a funny expression on her face, and proceeded to stare at my hands, which tightly clutched her wrists. By now, she was calm and silently staring at me.

"So, the reason you tried to kill me, just because I nudged your shoulder, ensures you are irrational, so what's up now? Don't you still have a grudge? Why do you change your personality every second?" She's confusing me, one moment nice and good, and the other moment, a rash bad-tempered gal that's ready to skewer you. I won't release her easily, or else I'd be attacked again, now that I noticed, why do I notice this late?!!

Our bodies were extremely close, I was almost falling on her, my shadow covered her completely and she still laid in the hole, so if someone saw us, it'd seem like I was peeking inside a hole on a wall. And this lady, casually relaxed her body, not minding me looming over her, this realization made me blush to my ears. Why is she not going insane now.