Chapter 5

" I was guiding him towards Your Grace, but on the way my injury flared up, with my fitful mood, I was the first to attack him, he defended himself rightfully, but he got injured as well." Reiko tried her best, to appease the Demon Lord's anger, although the Demon Lord didn't show it, Reiko knew, she was angry.

The Demon Lord scanned Reiko with her piercing, cold gaze, and straightway locked onto the blood stains and disheveled appearance of her clothes, immediately her eyes glowed bright red, as though a warning before a volcanic eruption.

Reiko had alarm bells going on in her head, when she recalled, she remembered her injury bleeding, and her messy appearance, she directly understood, it was a misunderstanding.

Not allowing the Demon Lord to start thundering, Reiko explained the situation.

"Your Majesty, he has restored my mortal frame to its prime condition, and this is the main reason he is on the line of death. Please show mercy." Reiko, soaked in cold sweat, struggling not to stutter, answered the Demon Lord.

"Humph, he managed to harm you, so he naturally is a threat, its better to exterminate him now, rather than bidding our time. This alone cannot excuse his behavior, he might've intentionally injured himself, and knew you would speak for him, and create walls between us." The Demon Lord harrumphed frigidly, though her tone imperceptibly softened.

Reiko pondered over the wise words of the Demon Lord...

What if he really planned all of this? What if he really wanted to create barriers between us?

The Demon Lord sifted Kaito, his ghostly ashen face, abnormally contrasted against his long black lashes, and shoulder-length obsidian hair. He was a foot from death.

"Your Majesty... we had a small fight, but he used his mana skill on me, and now he is out of mana and his health is very low too, he will die within 20 minutes... " Reiko, said once again to the Demon Lord.

"Lilith, stabilize his condition, now before he dies." Only after saying that did the Demon Lord realize how similar that sounded, the same as what she had said when she first saw him.

The Demon Lord replied in a cool voice, her eyes narrowing in deep thought.

"Yes, Your Majesty." Lilith walked towards Kaito, elegantly placing a hand on his forehead. A blinding golden light shimmered, and a complex rune appeared on it. Gradually the light spread upwards, and formed the shape of a window, there was now an almost transparent golden window above his head. Faintly, pictures could be seen flashing in it from time to time, and then, like a movie playing, a scene appeared.

The fight scene Reiko and Kaito appeared, and dialogues floated in the air, they were the names of the skills used by him. The light given off, stayed the same golden color.

"Golden expresses neutrality or goodwill, no hidden malice or any negative thoughts are present, but we cannot be sure if he becomes hostile in the future. Additionally, his skills are peculiar, extremely peculiar." Lilith reported to the Demon Lord.

"I deem his skills dangerous. Do I kill him?" she replied in a voice flowing with killing intent.

"His skills neutralized the curses I placed on him, his abilities are not very dangerous, but if we let him have the opportunity to level up his skills, he will become very dangerous. At least he could escape easily. If we want to control him, curses don't work, nor would artifacts or cursed items work, only the ancient code restriction criteria in my palace may work. We have to make him live inside my palace, but the Demon Generals and Demon Commanders are already opposing, and regarding him moving to the palace, they might start a rebellion. Demons hate humans to the extreme, they cannot tolerate one in their most sacred palace. They simply want him killed." The Demon Lord stared at the ceiling in thought. She closed her eyes and turned around, showing her back to her subordinates and humped.