Fourteenth Service

Her blue eyes scanned her surroundings outside of the mansion. Her hands wrapped around her petite body as she felt the cold air caressing her, even her thick clothed self couldn't withstand the coldness of the air.

She tucked a small patch of hair behind her ear, her slow shallow breathing slightly visible to the afternoon air. She just got here but it felt she standing on the porch for a very long time, it felt like a forever.

She looked back to the door. It felt bigger the last time she was here, almost as if she grew shorter for her eyes to deceive her.

She shook her head as she fished out something from her skirt's pocket. A slightly old and torn photograph she would always carry with her, even at home it was always by her side.

When she stared at the photograph, a smile made its way to her lips. Her pale blue eyes lit up by the delighted memory that photo had given her.

In the photograph was a blue-haired lady around her twenties, a barely noticeable smile on her pale face and wore a beautiful white dress that reached her knees with a white rose tucked on her right ear, pearl earrings shining against the light along with her light grey heels. The blue-haired had her arms around a blue-haired boy who was about four years of age, wearing for the first time his white tuxedo, a baby blue tie and black leather shoes.

The reason for her smile was the boy she held on her arms. You could see the love and care in her eyes as she looked at the boy in her arms, who held a toy black and white Siberian husky with matching blue eyes and had its tongue stuck out.

The baby boy had an innocent smile as he laughed. He didn't knew back then what was the cruelness of the world, he only remembered happiness and love in his heart and mind.

The woman flipped the photograph to read what was written on the back. She felt tears coming to her eyes of what was written there.

After all It was the boy's first full sentence. She never bothered or correct his spelling because the effort he made was enough for the woman to be so proud of him.

And that was about two decades ago.

'Hapy Berthday Mumma! I Lub u su much wil b togeter forever n mak u hapy always!'

She giggled to herself. The boy was four years old when he first wrote that and she couldn't get over it even 'til now.

She sighed, oh memories.

She perked up when she heard the sound of the door opening and interrupted her little happy train of thoughts. She hid the photograph as she checked herself once over to make sure she was presentable.

A man with cat-like features popped his head on the other side of the door, eying the blonde woman carefully. When he stopped staring at the petite woman who was raising her eyebrow at him for staring at her for quite some time he cleared his throat.

"You must be the guest of Akashi-sama?" He asked politely. The woman nodded her head as she fiddled with her red muffler.

Koganei nodded his head as he fully opened the door, gesturing for the blonde to come inside to the mansion. The woman entered quietly, not actually astounded by the interior design of the mansion.

She's been here plenty of times that it almost bored her to death.

It was only the backyard or the garden that made her awestruck, after all nature was true beauty in its finest. That even the coldest man couldn't deny it, she chuckled at that thought when she thought about her redhead friend.

"Do you have any request before we enter the garden?" The butler asked as they made their way to the back. At the corner of his eyes he saw the blonde shaking her head meaning that she doesn't have anything in mind as they walked further.