Ares.

The desk was busy like usual when I felt Sharpe at my side. Smiling down at me as I looked over one of the many lists that I had been presented with for my day. That was when she seemed to be persistent for her point to be given.

"So, Dr Goodwin hey?" My eyes flicked to her and my mind to him. Just a flicker of a man as he left my mind as she looked at me as if I knew what she had been mentioning to me. Only I didn't. He was quiet and since Matthew he had been reluctant to talk to me at all. Only related to my departure.

"Is he okay? I mean, I saw him run in this morning and he seemed to be okay. Has he got a new job? Oh, I see. You and him." My thoughts became words with no filter and black eyes met me. Clearly I was off with all of my predictions and she couldn't believe me as she huffed lightly and walked with me on my rounds. Fortunately though the early hour meant all but one was asleep and they were content with just a waiting time. She took this time to chat.

"I'm talking about you. I know you are both at it. A relationship I mean. And don't deny it. I saw you both leaving the on-call room and I have heard all about his efforts to get you to stay. I mean, you really should listen. He seems to want you to stay and I mean the stress relief could be amazing for both of your mental health." I elbowed her and smiled kindly to Reynold as he passed us by with Vijay on the way to the operating area.

"You can't just say stuff like that and we both know he and I are two separate bodies of people and will remain as such until the 30th of February in the year 4513. Now, what makes you think we were up to it in the on-call room? We were talking about my future in this hospital and I tried to check his throat out but he got annoyed. Could you possibly help out? I mean, you two are close so could you possibly persuade him to see someone? He would leave it too long if he is left." A smirk came to her face as she listened and the topic of Goodwin was carried on.

"You talk so negatively and yet he has nothing but praise for you. You likey and he likey even more. Oh come on, you know that I am right. The way you two act and look at each other." I raised an eyebrow and walked on. Checking sheets of paper as well as my signature at the bottom of the page.

"Don't you have patients to see? I mean, come on you are a specialist and you have TV appearances. You also have to make sure Dr Goodwin gets his throat checked out. He spends his life with a bad voice and he massages it all the time. Bloom pointed it out to me before you say anything. Besides, you are more of his thing. Just talk to him about it." We stopped just outside of the door she would have to enter and I prepared to walk on.

"Oh I will talk to him okay? And I will make sure to mention you when I do. Besides, we have our annual fundraiser in a few days. Just wait, you will be his partner by then." I smiled at her and walked on with a comment about not liking Dr Goodwin but she was one persistent bugger.

As I got to the desk and handed in the paper from my day so that I could get to actually doing what was needed I noticed that my name was being called and so my body turned to find Bloom stood over some of her own work. Only, she wasn't alone as a man stood over her shoulder until I walked up to him and gave the largest hug I could. Hoping to crush his chest with some brute force but he seemed to be effective at it whilst I could barely let him feel my existence at all.

"Ares, I do believe that your British ass is currently on American soil. This must have been for a great ol' reason." He was so sweet and wrapped an arm all the way around my shoulder as we walked to the desk to talk. Knowing that he would have to leave in a quick manner.

"You. I mean, I haven't seen you in ages and you are fabulous. Also, I want to get the latest. If you could just give me your key I will be off to your house and a catch-up can be had." I laughed and shook my head knowing that he couldn't have been serious as I was still mentally struggling from the last time he had done that. The laugh that followed answered my question.
"I am flying elsewhere and this is just a pit stop. I will be out of your hair in ten. Now, where are all of your colleagues?" Bloom perked up at this and gave an introduction before looking for something as she saw Vijay, Reynold and Frome. Three more of the team.

"Ares. These three are Vijay, Reynold and Frome. A lovely group of people to work with. I also work closely with Sharpe and the MD, Dr Goodwin. They are busy working." Ares shook their hands and gave a brief introduction when my ears picked up one of them mention something unnecessary.

"Waters works very closely with Dr Goodwin and we all know it. I mean, perfect fit. Both stubborn but Waters is more so." I smiled and shook my head before disagreeing whole heartedly about the whole subject. Trying not to let Ares get the wrong hint for what was really going on.

"Sharpe has spent too much time with you. I am not in any relationship nor am I close to one with that man. You all know that." Ares nodded and laughed at my defensive response as he mimicked me for some time until they all left us be. Only for Sharpe and Goodwin to walk by and my head to ache by them all and their poor planning.

"Isn't it time to go Ares? I think it is." As I said it though he spotted what I seemed too anxious for him to actually be apart of and he lingered. Making sure to be within their range and it worked for him as they both walked over and introduced themselves to one another.

"Ah, Goodwin. A man just walked past talking of you and I believe it was good praise. I mean, nothing to cause alarm aside from a rumoured relationship with my Venus." I managed to get him to leave just as they looked ready to reply but I could only scratch my head as I returned and spoke a little.

"His Venus? I have a funny feeling that he is quite the ladies man." I snorted at the irony as Sharpe had made this comment and I looked and Goodwin for a split second.

"He is more likely to date Dr Goodwin than any other female in existence. Aside from Dora the explorer. He has admitted that he would go straight for such a girl. Always asking the right questions apparently." Sharpe made an uncomfortable noise before telling me and Goodwin to chat.

"Have you had your throat checked out?" He was so dismissive that he had to do a double take and look at me closely. Trying to produce an answer and that was something that had me confused as it was just a yes or no question. Nothing was simple with that man though as he could make counting four dice seem impossible. A skill very few held and it was one I was glad not to have.

"Look, why don't we go out for a meal tonight and I will tell you about everything?" He was one cocky man and that was a feature all could desire in a man but it was off putting when he was constantly at it and he seemed to keep pushing our friendship when he spoke to me privately.

"I would prefer not to. I will, eat at your house or mine but I don't like eating out." He agreed and smiled at me as he spoke a time and where to meet him. His face was annoying as he assumed that I was free. Though I was and that didn't really matter. What did matter though was that I had to cook for him and also clean up after us. Something that I was against normally but I had to clean up after others sometimes and my nightly routine included washing my own dishes so it didn't really matter.

My work carried on until Sharpe walked on past me.
"Hot date tonight?" I covered my face and walked to the end of the hall. Also shaking my head at the same time.